A few days ago, I posted this photo on Instagram and several people asked me for the recipe!
Smart people, because it is such a good soup – and it is so easy!!
Here is the link to the original recipe and here are the changes I made:
- I use homemade chicken stock – it is easy and I know that I am using good ingredients.
- I used new red-skinned potatoes from my garden.
- The corn was the last bit that I had frozen from last year’s harvest from Quiroz Farms. Likewise, I roasted and froze Poblano peppers from Janoski’s Farms. I froze the peppers and corn in the amounts for the recipe, making them easy to drop in the soup.
- I do not use an immersion blender to thicken the soup at all, but prefer it as a broth with all the chunks of vegetables.
- I had some left over grilled chicken breasts from dinner the night before so I diced them up and put them in the soup. Lastly, I topped it with some homemade Salsa Verde Cocida that was the perfect addition.
This recipe is perfect because you can have dinner on the table in less than 45 minutes.
The best part? All of the ingredients are fresh in your local farmer’s markets now – so get cooking!
I do hope you enjoy!