After having several irregular weekends in a row, we celebrated having just a normal old weekend here at Casa del KatKnits!
There were Rhubarb Mules, mmmmmmmm.
It was nice to start the weekend with something that makes us so happy and relaxed!
We did some Farmer’s Marketing, some IKEA wandering, and some Green House visiting.
There was reading, and knitting, and spinning, too.
While the weather was not spectacular, we did all kinds of things that help in the recharging of body and soul, and makes Monday not the challenge that it wants to be!
How was your weekend?
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- 1 head of Cauliflower, cored and cut up (try and cut the pieces in even sizes so they cook uniformly)
- Toss cut cauliflower with 1 TBSP olive oil and 1 tsp of Chili powder and lay on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or so, until they begin to soften and brown but are not mushy.
- Remove from oven and toss with buffalo sauce, serve with blue cheese dip or ranch if that is your preference.
Steve’s Buffalo Sauce:
- ½ Cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Chili powder to taste (add more or less for spiciness)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Dash of celery salt
Steve finds the best way to heat the sauce is in the microwave at 10-15 second intervals on high, stirring as it warms to keep the butter incorporated. You do not want the sauce hot, but just warm enough to combine. If you overheat it the butter separates.