It’s Tuesday and that means that Carole wants to know:
So, what can you do to help?
- Bring over a meal that is easy to heat and eat. Chicken Pot Pie (topped with puff pastry), a salad, and some homemade brownies were always my go to “quick and easy meal”.
- Cut the grass or shovel their driveway and walks.
- Offer to do some laundry (or fold laundry!) while Mom takes a nap with the baby.
- If there are older children, offer to do something special with them!
- Fill a basket with easy to eat snacks – fresh fruits, bottled waters, nuts. Nutritious foods that are easy to eat while holding a baby
- A Netflix gift card or two – so she has something to watch besides infomercials or reruns for those middle of the night feeding times!
- A basket filled with magazines, a book or two, an assortment of teas, or coffee.
- Some babysitting vouchers for when Mom and Dad are ready for a night out!
- Ask if there is anything on their “to-do” list that you could finish for them.
- And, my go to new baby gift – knit a Baby Surprise Jacket with matching hat and socks/booties.
New babies are just the best! What do you do when there is a new baby?