Happy Friday! I would say that it took long enough getting here, but it was a short week. However, I have felt confused on what day it is all week long! Tuesday felt like Monday, etc. But, today is Friday and that means I am joining Rachel for Fiber Friday.
I have been faithful to spinning on my Jenkins Turkish Spindle when I am outside with Sherman. I am happy to report that I am more than half way through the bump! The fiber is Cormo from Sheepspot Breed Club in the December in Ontario colorway. This was a good choice for me to drop spindle as it is so easy to spin! My spindling has improved as well!
I have not been spinning much this week on my Matchless, as I have been trying to get some knitting projects done instead, however I have so little of the Shetland to finish I will just sit down and get it done this weekend! (Perhaps while watching Shetland that I just picked up from the library!) We have rain in the forecast for the weekend so that might just work perfectly!
On a quick side note, my garden is going mad! There are peppers growing on the pepper plants, we have one tomatillo started, and (while there is not a picture) the potatoes are growing! My roses are crazy with blooms and buds right now too, as are my raspberries! It is a very happy time in the garden!
As usual, I have a few links for you today…
- Joji’s Golden Sand is the kick off pattern for Sight is Life – proceeds go to the Sight is Life Project.
- Ever wonder what to do with those Fiddly Bits of left over yarn?
- Beata is back with some Shockwaves
- Does your wardrobe need a color-block cardigan? Well, this one is free through Sunday!
- Laura Aylor’s Fog in August is really lovely.
- Want to practice a bit of Fair Isle? These might be perfect!
- Frangipani, oh my!
- The perfect baby sweater (no sleeves!)
Have a fantastic weekend, see you all back here on Monday!
P.S. Thanks for sharing all the books you did not like, I now have an awesome list to choose from!