It has been a full week here in my house – although, my list still has a couple of things still lingering on it, but I will not be overly stressed if I do not get them all done.
I did indeed get the second Triticum front completed, I hope to cast on the first sleeve sometime this weekend. Seems like the perfect thing to do while watching the Michigan Game!
Plus, there were a few moments spent spinning this week. I am working on getting my Shetland from the Sheepspot Fiber Club finished. I was unsure of what I would do with this, but Ysolda provided a fantastic idea and gave me a problem at the same time! What did I have that would go well with this purple yarn?? I did some stash diving and found some “sport weight options” – imagine that! At first I thought that this Top of the Lamb might work. It looks nice in color but, as you can see in the black and white image, there is not enough difference in the hues of the two colors. Therefore, not a good choice. But, luckily I also have some Rauma Strikke-garn that works well as far as color theory goes. I will know for sure when I swatch and see how they play together.
Next week will be another full week, but I am going to spend some time today making some lists for our upcoming vacation. It is much easier to pack from a list; don’t you agree? If not, I tend to forget lots of things!
The Friday Links today have lots of good things, and not all of them are fiber related:
Today is “Read an eBook Day” – I mean, is anything even remotely more important than that?? (Psst, there is a contest involved too with a great prize…)
- Dear Bonnie: See how “Lowly dish cloth knitting” is beautifully elevated, or is it educated?
- Have you see BT Fall 16? Oh. My. Seriously, this should have a post entirely to itself, it is that good!
- Mittens for Good Neighbours (or not for neighbors, your choice!)
- Third Street Blanket (Super Bulky yarn = quick knit!)
- Pittsburgh Confluence Socks
- I love how Svetlana’s mind works!
- Parker Street
- Shetland Shawl (this is crazy beautiful, but knit with cobweb lace…oy!)
- Gentle Ewe Shawl
Sweaters, sweaters, and more sweaters
- Little Rattie (Or Big Mousie if you made the tail the same color as the body…)
- Arne and Carlos are coming to Philly next Wednesday, so if you are in the area – this would be LOADS of FUN!!
Finally, this is totally off track, however Steve is sending me Links of Torture – Pumpkin comes to Williams Sonoma – yeah, I reallllly want, but do I need… that is the question!!
That is all I have today – have a fantastic weekend and I will see you back here on Monday!!