Hello Tuesday! And, you know what that means! Carole wants to know something!! This week she asks:
We’re going to shake things up a little bit this week and do two lists of 5 things. First, I want you to write about the 5 best things you did this summer. And then I want you to share 5 things you are looking forward to doing this fall.
Summer bests, there were quite a few of them!
- My Summer Knit Along takes first place – for me it was really just the motivation I needed to clean up a plethora of languishing knits. Best thing about it – absolutely no requirements, no pressure, just go at whatever pace you desired. A win-win for all! I managed to get a good number of things done too!
- My vegetable garden had some tremendous successes. Tomatoes, beans, peppers, and raspberries were all in that category. I am still picking about a pint of raspberries every other day and tomatoes – what can I say – we have them in abundance!
- A couple of new flower beds that really added some lovely oomph to the back yard – including their being a huge draw for bees of all sorts!
- The new pergola which precipitated
- Some really nice extra-long weekend staycations. (although the summer ended on a very warm noted, it did get some use in May!)
Now, on to what autumn has in store! (Besides the cessation of AC usage – I am so over it!)
- Cooler days that will afford the use of the pergola well into the fall and
- Using our new re-purposed fire pit a number of times more before the bitter cold sets in
- A trip to Michigan to visit family – this is on the schedule currently and I am so eager for it!
- A trip to a Hops Festival (with my son and perhaps my daughter!!) and perhaps a winery or two while in Michigan. (Also, a stop at the Grand Traverse Distillery!) (After all that, you’d think a 12 step program would be on my list…)
- Some home improvement things in the house – not a super fun thing on the list, but some fresh paint will absolutely spark joy!
There you have it – the best of summer and some autumnal anticipation! What are you looking forward to?
I think I fire pit would be such a great thing to have! Outside *and* cozy? Count me in!
Your various planned adventures in Michigan sound quite appealing to me as well … so I guess I’ll see you in the 12-step program. 🙂
Cheers for your plethora of FOs and your gardening! I’m especially impressed by (and envious of) your raspberries. It’s wonderful that you can visit family and partake of beer, wine, and spirits in the same location; this sounds like a great fall!
I’m glad your garden was successful. Not so much for us with the lack of water. Here’s to some nice cooler Fall weather real soon!
Your summer sounds terrific and your plans for the fall sound spectacular. I know you are so looking forward to that upcoming Michigan vacation!
Our raspberries have done quite well too! Here’s to a great fall/looks like you’ve got some fun times ahead!!
Oh, I hope you have a WONDERFUL time visiting in Michigan!! I’d be eager, too. 😉
I love how you have your MI trip all planned out in your mind, sounds like it’s going to be a fun fun fun time 🙂 Yay for family!!
You sure know how to travel! Your summer and fall happenings all sound excellent!
Excellent lists! The thing that really stands out for me is the bees. How lovely that you were able to do something nice for yourself and for them, especially with all the environmental challenges they face.
that top photo is stunning! I love how much you found to celebrate outside in spite of the heat, but your fall looks even better. I knew Michigan had lots of beer (thanks to Carole and Kym), but I had no idea about the wine. I’m pretty sure imbibing on vacation doesn’t really count.
Ooooohhhhh, raspberries!!!! Mmmm.
The flowerbeds sound lovely, lovely!
And I love a flickering campfire on crisp evenings.