Hello Tuesday! And, you know what that means! Carole wants to know something!! This week she asks:
We’re going to shake things up a little bit this week and do two lists of 5 things. First, I want you to write about the 5 best things you did this summer. And then I want you to share 5 things you are looking forward to doing this fall.
Summer bests, there were quite a few of them!
- My Summer Knit Along takes first place – for me it was really just the motivation I needed to clean up a plethora of languishing knits. Best thing about it – absolutely no requirements, no pressure, just go at whatever pace you desired. A win-win for all! I managed to get a good number of things done too!
- My vegetable garden had some tremendous successes. Tomatoes, beans, peppers, and raspberries were all in that category. I am still picking about a pint of raspberries every other day and tomatoes – what can I say – we have them in abundance!
- A couple of new flower beds that really added some lovely oomph to the back yard – including their being a huge draw for bees of all sorts!
- The new pergola which precipitated
- Some really nice extra-long weekend staycations. (although the summer ended on a very warm noted, it did get some use in May!)
Now, on to what autumn has in store! (Besides the cessation of AC usage – I am so over it!)
- Cooler days that will afford the use of the pergola well into the fall and
- Using our new re-purposed fire pit a number of times more before the bitter cold sets in
- A trip to Michigan to visit family – this is on the schedule currently and I am so eager for it!
- A trip to a Hops Festival (with my son and perhaps my daughter!!) and perhaps a winery or two while in Michigan. (Also, a stop at the Grand Traverse Distillery!) (After all that, you’d think a 12 step program would be on my list…)
- Some home improvement things in the house – not a super fun thing on the list, but some fresh paint will absolutely spark joy!
There you have it – the best of summer and some autumnal anticipation! What are you looking forward to?