A collection of outright craziness – just because!
- I was fortunate to capture an image or two of the Astronomical, Gigantic, Larger-than-life Super-Duper Moon on Sunday night. It took a few shots to figure out exactly what settings to use (or not to use as was the case) on my camera – thanks Steve for your assistance! This was kind of a big deal for me because, the next time the moon will be this close to the earth will be in 2034, at which point in time I will be 74 years old and who knows if I will even care about the moon at that age!
- Because of this excellent post I considered volunteering as and ESL tutor, however in the great state of Pennsylvania – you must either have your teaching certificate or be in school to get your teaching certificate. Result – do not pass go, do not teach ESL, find another option. Boo!
- Trying to figure out a low calorie, yet appealing Thanksgiving feast is proving to be a challenge. Turkey is low calorie! That is until you add in all the other things like stuffing, gravy, etc. Not to mention sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie… The option of blowing my points for the entire MONTH is not very appealing and so really, I am considering calling the entire thing off because, Thanksgiving without those things just seems so un-Thanksgiving-like.
- Someone thought I was crazy for ripping out more than once in my weekend of gauge failure. Really? I knit and rip out often… doesn’t everyone? Now I am concerned that my knitting is not normal. What say you, Gentle Readers…
- I am in a Sunday Book club and we are reading C.S Lewis’ Screwtape Letters. I had read this book about 20 years ago, and as I am re-reading it I am struck by how timely it is for right now – which I think is incredibly curious!
- If you follow Mason Dixon Knitting, then you know about the Great Moby Dick Listen-Along. This got me wondering how many other classics are available in a similar format… Well, per my Google inquiry an incredible amount!! (about 2,000,000 results in 0.60 seconds, if you want to know) You can find some here and even more here and yet even more here. And, that is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg!
I think that is enough craziness for one day! Have a good Tuesday!
I wanted to take a brief moment to pay tribute to Gwen Ifill who died yesterday and far, far too soon! I have watched PBS Newshour for such a very long time and I remember that monumental day when she and Judy Woodruff were named co-anchors. It was a banner day for women! I loved Gwen so much – her honesty, her trustworthiness, her amazing brilliance in delivering the news – and for continually challenging me to learn more. She made me more curious every single day.
In her words, she gives us all hope for the future:
“Change comes from listening, learning, caring, and conversation.”
These are words we can all carry with us in the days ahead.
Rest in Peace, Gwen. You will be missed.