The start of peaceful knitting began yesterday at Casa del KatKnits – and it feels so, well, peaceful and meditative! While knitting yesterday I was thinking of other knitters who are joining me in this journey – there are 2,192 projects currently listed on Ravelry (however as of 11/29 there were over 14k participating!!) but I am especially thinking about those I know who are knitting along with me.
I hope you all managed to get 318 stitches cast on and began knitting yesterday. I completed the cast on and the first 4 rounds yesterday. I will continue today with the second repeat of the pattern. I am happy to say that the pattern is easy to memorize.
I am looking forward to 20 more days of knitting and meditating on peace for this world.
I am fortunate Steve loves me so much, he surprised me yesterday with a pre-holiday package from Miss Babs and Jenny the Potter! A mug for me and some yarn from which I will make a hat for him. Thank you Steve!! And, thank you Miss Babs for the sample of Tarte! This will be the perfect accent for my next pair of Squad Mitts!
Now, how about some links?
- Parker Beanie (the model of the beanie has the most infectious smile!!)
- Blackthorn Cowl
- The World’s Simplest Mittens
- Decemberist – knit with Hygge yarn – I mean really, we all need one!
- Keeping with the Hygge theme – Soul Warmer
- For Gilmore Girl’s fans everywhere – Dots n Dashes and Eponymuff
- Because knitting for others might increase Hygge: Standing Rock Hat – FREE and the address to mail the hats to Sacred Stone Camp is included!
- Slippery Slope
- Color Me In
- Family Slippers also FREE
- Garter Stripe Scarf and more FREE
That is all I have for this week! Have a fantastic weekend and I will see you back here on Monday!!