This week the topic for Think Write Thursday is to tell us what your mirror would say if it could talk.
Really? Can I just say for starters that I am unbelievably glad that my mirror cannot talk! Exceedingly glad – and then some! Ha!
However, perhaps if it could talk it might say things like this (in no particular order)
- Yes, your hair looks fine and does not need more hairspray. Really.
- Please do not forget the under-eye cover up – those dark circles and bag are not your friends!
- You know, if I were a bit bigger you might not need that magnifying mirror… okay maybe not.
- Two words – grey roots! You better get on that yesterday, girl!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!! And, puh-leeze!! Use the SPF 30 stuff!
Do you hear the sarcasm, because I sure can! In actuality this was a very challenging topic for me – one that is totally outside my comfort zone. I am not comfortable talking about myself in a positive way – I can talk about things I do, or ideas, or beliefs without any hesitation. But, when it gets down to that face in the mirror – it is an entirely different story.
Rather, here is what I see when I look at this picture – a middle-aged woman who will stand up for what is right and help you if you have a problem. I am a procrastinator and a dreamer and I do not at all feel like I am 57, but I sure as heck am glad I am not 75 (yet) or 25 (again). I am content with who I am inside even if I am uncomfortable talking about the outside.
A challenging journey that is, I hope, far from completion.
Thank you for selecting such a thought provoking topic this week Carole. And, I really mean that!