We went to bed last night with dire warnings of doom… an Armageddon of a storm was heading our way! And, in Pittsburgh this strikes fear into brave men. Really. The stuff of Crazy if you ask this Michigan girl – I mean I know what snow is.
BUT THE HILLS, Kat!!! Yes, yes – I understand… (okay, maybe not so much!)
Anyways, we woke today to discover that the pending doom was not so pending or doom-ish.
However, I am aware that not all places were so lucky – and if that includes you, Gentle Reader – I am deeply sorry and I hope you are safe, warm, and with functioning electricity! (And, that you have a good stockpile of knitting and books!!!)
It began snowing lightly here at about 10:30 and I am sure that I will hear how treacherous even that tiniest bit is from someone…
I have some fun things to share with you today:
- My darlingest daughter #2 is having a little Book Party and I can tell you that these books are a HIT with Granddaughter #1. If you are looking for some books for your grandkids (or kids!!) I would love it if you helped support her (and Genevieve would love it too!) If you are on Facebook and want to “attend her party” tomorrow night, let me know and I will invite you!
- I am now a LipSense™ distributor (thank you so much Carole!) and if you want information – please ask. I won’t be advertising here on the blog, but you are welcome to join my Facebook Group.
- I am in the process of writing an actual pattern, which I will be sharing soon. But, really – I am incredibly excited about this and knitting math might be the best kind of math ever!
- Today is Pi Day – and I am sadly not a Pie Maker, however – Carole and Bonny are! They popped in my head first thing this morning – and I wish I was their neighbor to get in on their pie action!
- Pi Day and Knitting is so incredible – especially with this crazy post by the brilliant Mary Scott Huff (you can read about the entire Permission Denied Sweater Journey here). The genius of knitters never ceases to amaze me…really.
- I had a lovely coffee hour yesterday (which you will hear and see more about later this week) and it really got me thinking… there should be a thing as a Blog Retreat, don’t you think? I welcome your thoughts and ideas – I would LOVE to make this happen.
- Knitter’s March Madness begins tomorrow – so you better get your research done TODAY!
That is enough for this Terrible Tuesday. And, really – please share your thoughts and ideas about a Blogger Retreat!
Lots of fun links in this post. Congrats on your new venture. The granddaughter is a real cutie!
Happy that the snow missed you (and me)!!
I’m glad Doom has lifted in your neighborhood; the forecasts have been tending towards the “we’re all going to die” type! We’ve still got snow, sleet, freezing rain, and wind with predictions that sound like the end of days, but at least I’ll perish eating pie. I’m going to try and survive the storm as I really want to see your pattern and get a chance to appreciate your knitting math!
We’re in the middle of a blizzard! I’m very excited to see what your pattern is!
With the way they were talking about the snow yesterday, I was really expecting to wake up to several inches. And then I woke up and there was … nothing. There’s still nothing on the ground near me, though the snow has been swirling around for hours. I guess it was either much ado about nothing or we got really lucky.
Can’t wait to see your pattern!
We had some snow but now it’s rain – which of course means the snow we got is heavy and slushy and gross. I didn’t make a pie today but I did make some oatmeal cookies. And I’m thinking shepherd’s pie for dinner – does that count? I wish you SO much success with LipSense!
We had terrible thunderstorms last Thursday, “doom” days also. Electricity off three hours, three trees down where one large branch narrowly missed the picture window and wind threw everything around.
Light snow and sleet today, in TN! We have small hills but little or no shoulders on the county roads. No driving warnings, “doomed” again!
A quiche pie sure would taste good, especially today or I’d rather an apple one but . . .
I don’t think there’s much about your Tuesday that’s terrible at all! Thank you for the link to Heidi’s party – always happy to add a few new titles to our library 🙂 and congratulations on your new Side Hustle! I got my first order in the mail from Carole today. honestly too soon to say what I think but I can attest the color stays on! and YES! we NEED a blogger retreat … thoughts and ideas to come!
I love seeing your family, so sweet and very very happy! We got lots of snow (25 inches) and I’m blissfully happy to look at it from the inside of my house with my electricity. Life is good. Today I’m hoping to go out in the afternoon assuming most of the roads are cleared up. not sure!
I hope you are not snowed in and that the weather is improving. My week has gone from bitter to sweet to sad and I’m working to get back on track. Good luck with your pattern writing!