This week’s Think Write Thursday is to share my Summer Bucket List.
Summertime is always the best of what might be. – Charles Bowden
Summer… that wonderful time of long sunny days! As a child, I loved summer, although I started to miss school right after the 4th of July – you know that feeling, boredom was settling in. Too much of the same thing is never a good thing. But, some things are good to be repeated so my list has some favorite repeats.
- Book Bingo: Get a cover all and maybe a book or two more in!
- Finish knitting projects. I mean really, if I died what would my kids do with half completed knitting projects??
- Organize my fiber stash and determine if I have enough to plan a combo spin for a sweater.
- Walk – every day. Rain or shine. I have been incredibly lax on this and I am only walking when Steve wants to walk. (while you read this, I will be walking!)
- Return my focus to my diet as I have been insanely lax over the past few weeks.
- Can it really be summer without a trip to Mt. Washington to capture a sunrise?
- Try and convince Steve that a trip all the “Ville’s” and “Vale’s” is just the thing we need to do! Please note, I am not holding my breath on this one – chance of success, slim to none! LOL i.e. Millvale, Swissvale, Lawrenceville, etc.
- A trip to Lake Erie (never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought THAT would be a great idea, but it is closer than Lake Michigan!!)
- Go visit my kids!!
Finally, to finish up with my opening photo… Happy Hour on the Porch as often as possible!! Shake, sip, repeat!
What’s on your Summer Bucket List?