This week’s Think Write Thursday is to share my Summer Bucket List.
Summertime is always the best of what might be. – Charles Bowden
Summer… that wonderful time of long sunny days! As a child, I loved summer, although I started to miss school right after the 4th of July – you know that feeling, boredom was settling in. Too much of the same thing is never a good thing. But, some things are good to be repeated so my list has some favorite repeats.
- Book Bingo: Get a cover all and maybe a book or two more in!
- Finish knitting projects. I mean really, if I died what would my kids do with half completed knitting projects??
- Organize my fiber stash and determine if I have enough to plan a combo spin for a sweater.
- Walk – every day. Rain or shine. I have been incredibly lax on this and I am only walking when Steve wants to walk. (while you read this, I will be walking!)
- Return my focus to my diet as I have been insanely lax over the past few weeks.
- Can it really be summer without a trip to Mt. Washington to capture a sunrise?
- Try and convince Steve that a trip all the “Ville’s” and “Vale’s” is just the thing we need to do! Please note, I am not holding my breath on this one – chance of success, slim to none! LOL i.e. Millvale, Swissvale, Lawrenceville, etc.
- A trip to Lake Erie (never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought THAT would be a great idea, but it is closer than Lake Michigan!!)
- Go visit my kids!!
Finally, to finish up with my opening photo… Happy Hour on the Porch as often as possible!! Shake, sip, repeat!
What’s on your Summer Bucket List?
If you would like to see what everyone else has on their Bucket List, you will find them here. If you would like to join Carole and me on Think Write Thursday’s you can sign up here.
That is a great list and sounds very manageable
Sounds like you have fun things planned – enjoy!!
What a fun list Kat! I love your walk everyday goal!!! Organizing stash is always fun for me. I cleanse then too! off to the charity places that want my leftovers!
On my summer list: Find a comfortable chair for my screened porch so I can knit comfortably there!
Keep that walk going…it will justify every single porch happy hour! Bring on the summer!
Great list! I’m with you on the daily walks and absolutely on the cocktails. We need to swap recipes!
That’s a great summer bucket list and I hope you get to do all of that and more!
Very good list! I am hoping to read a good number of books (“good number” for me is not very high, as I have limited time for reading for pleasure), knit and spin down some more of my stash, and spend more time outside.
You have a great list! My list consists of a lot of chilaxin’ and RETIRING!
Great list, Kat!!! Looks like a GREAT summer! XO
Enjoy! Love the idea of capturing the sunrise. Sweet!