In the “finish up project’s” queue, I am finally on the last clue of Laura Aylor’s Sand Ripples shawl. Oh, the love! I am really happy with this! Our weather turned this week, which is great incentive to get this done because it will be awesome to keep the chill away on those early morning walks with Sherman! I am trying to get it done this week, however there is still an awful lot of knitting to do…But!! I am hoping!
I have begun to plan some sweater knitting as well. I have the yarn to knit another Stopover but this time just a regular pullover! I also want to make Ysolda’s Strokkur, which has been on my wish list for a long time. AND, I have the yarn to make Steinunn Birna Gudjonsdottir’s Ryðrauð, which is a free pattern on Ravelry, but the directions (and the yarn) seemed daunting. Okay, maybe they still do, but I am going to give it a go anyways! That’s so many sweaters, but hopefully the knitting goes as quickly as my first Stopover!
As for the reading, back to regularly scheduled life has slowed down the listening a bit, but I have finished a couple of things this week!
- I Will Send Rain was an audiobook I borrowed from the library. This book was okay – I liked it but, I did not love it. I am giving it 3 stars. I found parts of it interesting, but I did not like any of the characters. And, the story line was very depressing.
- And, History of Wolves which I gave 4 stars. This book was an “out of my comfort zone read” for me. That is not always a bad thing, but this book covers some very uncomfortable topics and it at times it was very disturbing. However, all that being said, it is beautifully written. I would have given this book 5 stars however, the ending really fell flat for me.
- I am listening to Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan. I have just started, so no thoughts yet.
- I started reading Millard Salter’s Last Day which I got as an early read from NetGalley.
- And, waiting in the wings is some more Pat Conroy…which is great incentive to read faster! AND, I just picked up A Scarred Woman by Jussi Adler-Olsen from the library. So much good reading!
That is all I have for this week, but what about you? How’s your making and reading this week?
[inlinkz_linkup id=743965 mode=1]