The knitting marches on, albeit slowly. However, today I am going to share a bit of a preview about my 2018 Stitching Project, which will begin on December 21 and I am taking a bit of license from Vivaldi and borrowing his Four Seasons. There will be four much larger stitching projects; Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn. And, while they will still be free-hand stitching – no drawing out of my design, the season of stitches will all be the same motif, but will change color as the season does.
I have also been wondering how handspun yarn would work to use for stitching, so I have been playing with some fiber to create some “crayons” to stitch with. I will test this out before hand to see how I like it. I am not the best at spinning super fine yarns, so I am not sure that this will work as I am envisioning it. But, I am going to do some
experimenting swatching and see what it looks like over the weekend and I will share my results back here on Monday.
Now, how about some links???
- A Lopi Tote and it is a free pattern!
- Sheepy Mittens and you will find the kits here!
- Oh.My.Gosh! This is the cutest thing ever!! Adella Skirt
- Knit/Wit has a new sock pattern!
- Dragoste is Ysolda’s last Knitworthy knit.
- Northeast Kingdom – a great way to use up bits of yarn!
- For Pug lovers everywhere!
- Port Washington sweater and pants! LOVE!!
- Michele Wang’s Wool Studio Collection is lovely.
- Ninety Degrees is perfect for this Thirty Degree weather we are having!
That is all I have for this week, have a great weekend – stay warm! I will see you back here on Monday!