It’s a 2-fer Friday! I finished up my AC-esque tee yesterday, I also finished weaving in the ends of last years End of Summer MKAL and I love them both!
I learned so much in the construction of this tee and I absolutely want to do this again! One thing I know for sure is that I need to practice stitches! Even a simple running stitch performs differently in knit materials. I see some more stitch sampling in my future! Ha! Also, AC patterns run small… holy cow. However, a quick fix of a side gusset solved that problem. I used one of Steve’s no longer worn Old Navy tee shirts which I cut apart and put back together. The front pieces are double layer (with a white tee shirt). I love how this double layer worked! It feels so substantial and is really much nicer than just a plain old tee shirt. I think for my first try, this worked very well!
Now, the End of Summer Wrap…it is huge!! I used Briar Rose Fibers Joyful and it is so soft! However, I am ashamed to say that just 3 partial days of knitting were all that stood between unfinished and finished. The unique construction of this shawl is also just wonderful! And, the huge rectangle shape is so wearable! It’s pretty sad that it languished in a basket for the better part of a year, however, I think this will be in heavy rotation this fall!
How about some links?
Not a sweater knitter? This week has some lovely things for you!
- If you liked the shape of Kirsten Kapur’s Summer Mystery Shawl, she has released Waving Leaves
- I also love Better Together!
- Sarah Jordan has a new pattern out!
The Sweater Was Strong this week:
- Madame Entrechat Fingering
- Petals (and yellowcosmo writes a fantastic pattern!!)
- Gramps Revive is so awesome!
- Divining Tee and Divining Pullover are both wonderful.
- I really loved Strathendrick when it came out last January but then I saw it in a new way and the love is even stronger! Plus, Kate’s new book Handywoman is out!
That is all I have for the week! See you back here on Monday!