Today is going to need all sorts of magic… I have a clogged drain and no amount of *anything* worked to unclog it on Sunday and we tried practically all.day.long! It made for a contentious, irritating day… and yes, there were LOTS of raised voice conversations. So when I found this in my in-box yesterday, it was exactly what I needed. So with a nod to the brilliant Sarcastic Lutheran… I present my take on the Serenity Prayer for a Monday Morning!
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change or fix like…
- clogged drains
- neighbors who are on the opposite side of the political spectrum from me
Give me the courage to change the things I can (and a willing heart to do them!) like…
- my attitude… hoo boy does it need an adjustment
- renewed contentment with simply staying home
- the sheets, it is Monday after all
And the wisdom to know the difference…such as
- Not moving the things from one list to the other and vise versa.
P.S. I have been doing lots of OLW contemplations… and I think I might have found my word. Maybe.