April is the kindest month. April gets you out of your head and out working in the garden.
– Marty Rubin
I am so very happy that you are here and it would be nice if you just amble slowly along… key word being slowly!
This month I have some things on my “To Do” list:
- Sew up a couple of Toaster Sweatshirts. I have the pattern all traced off, and pinned to one of the fabrics! I need to get that cut out and pin out and cut the second so I can do some Assembly Line Sewing!!
- I need to finish up my handspun sweater!! And once I have the Pi Socks done that is moving to the top of my list!
- I start PT next week and I am planning on having “homework” which I will be faithful about doing every day! And I am just not even thinking about the Graston Scraping part… ha!
- I got some new “trekking shoes” that I want to break in a bit before we head to Erie at the end of this month. Walking has been an “iffy” proposition thanks to my damned hip, but I am going to swap out my “regular Sherman walk” shoes with the new shoes and hope that short daily walks will break them in … enough!
- Weeding… yes, the weeds are growing, so I need to spend some time in the garden beds or I will never catch up! But… being outdoors just is the perfect April thing!
- It is National Poetry Month and I picked up a couple of poetry books from the library… I am spending the month reading the poetry of Wisława Szymborska… which will be the perfect thing for the month!
There you have it… my ambitious plans for April. What about you? What are you looking forward to this month?
A resounding YES to welcoming April! Interested to see your sewing projects (colors) – the pattern is so cute. And your new trekking or trail shoes look great – let me know how they are. My regular sneakers have been bothering my feet a little when I walk. I had forgotten that it is National Poetry Month, but last night after reading my book (Trespasses) in bed, I picked up a book of Billy Collins poetry before turning out the light. Lovely~and sleep was very good!
I pray the PT does wonders and shoes do make a difference with me so I hope the new shoes help you too.
Those shoes look great and I hope you’ll let us know how they feel. Both of my hips and lower back make walking a painful thing so I’ve been riding a stationery bike, which is a slight improvement. PT should be good, and maybe they just need to give Graston scraping a better name! I’m also reading Szymborska; I think she might be my favorite poet. I bought Map (a delightfully thick book of her poems) and am thoroughly enjoying it. Enjoy!
Good luck with the PT! I wish I could wear Allbirds, they just don’t fit me. And no weeding – shoveling snow again…
I wish everything in my garden grew as well as the weeds do! I have a lot of weeding to do ahead of getting my flowers and veggies in.
I hope both PT and the new shoes are a success! I have a friend who is a wedding photographer who swears by All Birds.
Oooh, I have Toaster on my list and the perfect existing top (that I don’t like but the fabric is great) that I hope to re-make into a Toaster! I hope the PT helps your hip! I’ve been having on/off issues for a while, and one thing I found helpful at times is using hiking poles.
I think new shoes are a great place to start and I hope the PT helps that hip feel better. You have a nice April list. The weeds are visible here too. I hope to spend some time in the yard and garden this week.
It sounds like April is off to a good start, Kat. I love the Toaster sweaters I’ve made (both versions), and I’m excited to see yours. I also say BRAVO! for investing in some new shoes for walking. Whenever my knee starts feeling “oinky” again, I know I need to up my shoe game again. And weeding. Oy. They never stop . . .
Good on you for those new shoes, I bet they will improve things a lot. I need to get some new kicks, too, I’ve been putting it off for too long. I’m all for a slow April, especially since I’ve got a week’s vacation coming up and we all know how fast that can go by!
Hello, April! I love your plans for the month — even the weeding!
So Good now that the days are longer and warmer. I too have started work in the garden.