Hello everyone! Are you all ready for time change this weekend? An extra hour to sleep? I am excited because there is an extra hour to knit! That is awesome in my opinion – although I do have to work Friday night and all day Saturday. I will still have an extra hour to knit!
My daughter has the “Decomposers Festival” tonight – a ghoulishly fun time for orchestra students! What is “Decomposers Festival” you ask? Well – it is a concert where all students dress up for Halloween – and the audience can dress up as well. They play some “scary” music – and since my daughter is so witty and bright – she and her friends are the “deal or no deal” girls – I know, what am I thinking! Pick your battles, parents. But, Heidi is in the Chamber Orchestra and the Symphony Orchestra – so I get to listen to her play twice! It is a fun time for all.
Does anyone out there like coffee as much as I do? If you do you might want to head over to the Knitter’s Coffee Swap site and sign up. Hurry – there are only 50 spots available and I have taken one of them!!
If that does not interest you but you love Noro yarn then Norovember maybe be for you. I was so excited about this KAL – I have cast on Clapotis in Noro Silk Garden – I just took a class on entrelac and knitting backwards – yes, knitting backwards – and I picked Noro Kureyon for that – it will be the cutest felted bag when I am done. AND, I got some Silk Garden this summer at a ‘close out sale’ to make my girlfriend Sursa for Christmas. I also want to get out a sweater I had started last year – all I need to do is finish the sleeves of Larstorp done and sew it together! If I get really motivated and get all these projects done – I can cap off the month by knitting Gesta with some Kochoran I got on sale this summer as well. I think that Norovember will be soo much fun.
Hope you are all having a great week. I cannot believe that October is almost over – but it has been much colder than normal here with snow and freezing rain. I hope that November warms up a bit!
Have a great Thursday all!
1. FIRST NAME? Kathy
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I sure was – my mom and a great aunt.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Yesterday. I cry easily – like for commercials. I am pretty sappy!
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It is not bad, if I do say so myself.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I am not a fan of cold lunch meat – but I adore corned beef and hot pastrami sandwiches.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I am a good listener and extremely loyal.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Blog
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope, they have been gone for years.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not in this life – or the next!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Special K Red berry – mmmm, I like that stuff.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Hmmm, do I have a pair of tie shoes? I don’t think so, but if I did I don’t think I would untie.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Strong? As in muscles? Nope – but I am strong in faith, strong in spirit, and extremely bull headed!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Anything coffee flavored.
14. SHOE SIZE? I am a size 8 ½ to a 9, depending on the style.
5. RED OR PINK? Red, never – EVER pink. I am not a pastel kind of gal.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My procrastination.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Nana.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure, or at least leave a comment so I can go read it!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black pants and shoes and a green shirt and jacket.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chicken tenders at Uccello’s for lunch today.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Muzak at the office and Teresa talking.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Orange.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Bread baking in the oven and the smell of newborn babies!
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jodi, of course.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their smile.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I think I do – I like to read her blog.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Chardonnay, please.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? College football – college basketball, pick one depending on the season.
29. EYE COLOR? Hazel
30. HAT SIZE? I don’t know, large? Not that it is filled with brains! 😉
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, I am at the “in between” stage of glasses – not quite ready for reading glasses.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pasta anything.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Never, ever scary movies – happy endings, please.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Hmm, I love all seasons, but if I had to choose I would say winter.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? I have to pick????
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Crème Brulee.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have no clue.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? See #38.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Other than knitting books? Hmmm, maybe I need to get books on tape – then I can “read” and knit!
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Not a thing.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Jeopardy and Law and Order something or other. Now if I answered on Thursday I would say Grey’s Anatomy and ER.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My daughter playing the cello (only a mother would love that – and she is so much better now than when she began 5 years ago!)
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Both – there is no way to choose!
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? China
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I don’t know if a positive, upbeat attitude is a special talent, but if it is not, I don’t have one.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Zeeland, Michigan
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stolen from http://www.januaryone.com/!
Have an awesome Wednesday everyone!
Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!
Hello Everyone – I wanted to show off the treasures I recently received from my swap partners!
First off from Renee who was my partner in KTS2 I got these wonderful goodies – I wanted the picture to do justice to my discription! Thank you Renee! Notice especially the cute card with “Knitting Mice” on the front! I love it and all the treats, Renee!!
Next up are the goodies I got from Shelley my Hot Socks Swap pal. How awesome are they? She did a GREAT job of spoiling me! I am one happy knitter –
Thank you Ladies for the wonderful treasures you sent me! You both rock!!
Hello everyone – well, I am certainly one lucky knitter. It has been raining swap boxes this week! And, we had our first SNOW last night!!
Renee was my spoiler and did she spoil me!! I will post photo’s this weekend, but I wanted to share with you what treasures she sent to me! In my package, all neatly wrapped, were not 1 but 2 skeins of Lamb’s Pride worsted in the Winter Blue colorway. There was a skein of Sockotta yarn in an awesome blue, green, grey colorway (can you say Socktoberfest?) She sent me not 1 but 3 different teas – Zhena’s Gypsy tea bags, Almond Happiness loose leaf, and Cherry Vanilla loose leaf! 2 HUGE bars of dark chocolate with orange! And, a great candle with a lovely Christmas holder. Renee, you are so amazing – what awesome gifts. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel so spoiled!
Have a great day everyone – and if it is cold where you are – stay warm!