1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love Jo Sharp and Rowan – basically anything they do. I also love Shaefer, Lorna’s Laces, To Knit Perchance To Dream – Susie’s yarns are so awesome, and Koigu for socks (or lacework). I would love to try some STR – I have not had the pleasure as of yet. I am not a fan of acrylic’s at all.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Good question – I am currently not using anything other than the packaging they came in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting 2 years – my Knitaversary was August 17. I would consider myself an adventurous intermediate – or I know enough to be dangerous!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I do.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I like crisp, clean scents. I really don’t care for floral-y scents at all.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do have a bit of a sweet tooth – and I love dark chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have been known to make a card or two and I sew. I do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love jazz – Diana Krall, Michael Buble’, Tony Bennet, Harry Connick Jr. are some of my favorites. Yes, my pc can play MP3’s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I tend to gravitate towards earthy tones; greens, browns, rusts, greys, blacks. I dislike pastel colors – pinks, yellows, beige.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have 3 teenagers (Rachel, Heidi, and Sam) and 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Copper and Penny).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves and mittens – yes. Hats – not very often. Poncho’s – occasionally.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks!
13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on a couple of sweaters, some slippers for Christmas gifts and socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love to receive handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circ’s and I have a nice collection of Addi’s, some bamboo, and some Bryspun plastics that are great for lacework.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No – I do not.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Boy – I have a sweater that is almost 2 years old. Yikes!
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Easter!
19. Is there anything that you collect? Antiques and Santa’s.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have been bitten by the “lace” bug recently – I don’t have a lot of lace patterns, but would love to work on a collection of them. I have a subscription to IK.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I am a “beginning” lace knitter. I have knit some lace socks – they are treasured by my daughter who I made them for. I picked up a skein of Lorna’s Lace this summer and have recently cast on the Half Pie Shawl – and I really love how it is looking. Of course, it is a fairly uncomplicated pattern! I love the shawls that I am seeing on so many blogs – I would love to learn lace knitting and in all it’s complicated glory!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Oh, yes – I am such a sock knitter! I wear a ladies size 8 ½ M shoe, my foot is 10” long – and I like my socks to be a little loose on my foot.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 12/27
Hello Everyone! SP 9 starts today! Wooo Hoooo! Socktoberfest starts today, too! Could life get better????
I am knitting more inches of my scarf and plotting out my sock progress! I am so excited to work on socks! I have some plans for socks and October!
Did you all see my post from yesterday? There is a contest brewing here as well – If you post your suggestions for this lovely Indira Gandhi yarn –
Some lacy pattern – any and all suggestions will be entered into a drawing. You have until Midnight – EST – on Friday to post your suggestions. You could be the lucky winner of a skein of Shaefer Anne for Socktoberfest!
On to SP9 – the questionaire’s are posted on the blog and I will be working on my answers and posting them later today. Hope all of you are having a great Sunday!
Hello Everyone! It is Saturday and it is still raining! We saw a rainbow last weekend, so I knot that the flood is not coming – but I am sure it has been raining for almost 40 days! It has been cool and damp – good weather to have a fire in the fireplace (if you have one) and get your knit on!
I have been working on my scarf for my scarf pal – it is gaining in length s-l-o-w-l-y but surely. I love the yarn I chose – Alpaca with a Twist Baby Alpaca. This yarn is a dream to knit with. I am seeing some socks in my future using this yarn!
Socks seem to be the theme for fall – from Socktoberfest to Hot Socks the blog world is filled with sock themes. I have read about sock knitter casualties from Sock Wars to Toasty Toe Knitters working on their socks for their pals. If this does not get your fingers itching to cast on some socks – I don’t know what will!! I am teaching another sock class in October as well – I love new sock knitters!
I did some “Stash Enhancement” yesterday – I tried so hard to resist, but I found a skein of Schaefer Andrea yarn (100% silk) in the Indira Gandhi colorway. Before I knew it I was shelling out some money and driving away with this treasure. There are 1093 yards of this beautiful silk – I am going to look for a lace pattern to knit this up into. I will welcome any and all suggestions for patterns. I think I can even have a contest around this – the winning suggestion will get a skein of Shaefer Anne for a pair of socks! Leave your posts as to your suggestions – I am excited to see what your ideas are!
Have a good weekend everyone – stay warm and dry!
Are you ready for some knitting? Socktoberfest is right around the corner!! What could be more fun than knitting socks on an Autumn day! Get on over to Lolly’s and sign up!
I am so ready – I have my sock patterns and have been looking for some fun yarns! I want to do Widdershins from Knitty in some lovely Mountain Colors Barefoot – in a gorgeous fall colorway. And – some Jaywalkers, I think in some Koigu I recently acquired. And – I have some awesome Lorna’s Laces that I got from Judy that I am itching to knit. So many fun things to do! Get your knit on people! It’s Socktoberfest!
Hello there, it is a rainy, cool Monday here and I have come down with a heck of a cold. Can a Monday get better than this?
I am working from home today so I won’t infect my entire office – although I am sure that is where I got this cold!
It was a quiet week and weekend – I worked most of it, but I had yesterday off – I slept most of the day and I knit a little. So much for a productive day of knitting!
I have a beginning knitting class to teach this week – that should be fun! But, I have decided to not teach classes next month. I have to work on a fundraiser for school and I can see that it is going to require some extra time to get it done correctly.
The new season of television is here! Are you all excited for Grey’s Anatomy to start on Thursday night??? Okay, I know – I admit – I am BORING!!! 🙂
Well, I better get back to work – have a great day everyone!