Lewis and Clark arrived at my doorstep yesterday – updates and photo’s this weekend! 🙂
Hello Everyone. I don’t know about you, but I am soooo happy that all the election ads are OVER! It was impossible to avoid them – they were EVERYWHERE! I never thought I’d be so happy to see November 8 roll around! I will avoid the discussion on winning and loosing candidates – I hope all of you voted – I did, end of subject!
On to Norovember! I am finished felting my entrelac bag – tres’ cute! I will post photo’s soon. I have to just weave in the ends of the Noro mittens I made for daughter #2 – shhhhh, they are a Christmas gift for her! I am two stitch markers from decrease rows on my Clap – I love this knit!! I am so happy I started it! I cast on at lunch yesterday Sursa for my girlfriend – again a Noro creation! My husband leaves Saturday morning for “Deer Camp” (more on my husband in a later post) but then I am going to finish the sweater I am knitting for him for his Christmas gift. Wow, there is a lot of Noro going on here!
My good friend Lynne has a great idea that you all need to sign up for. She is looking for mitten donations for some Buffalo inner city children. Let’s all get over to her blog and sign up to send some mittens her way for This is the perfect way to get your family involved in helping! Knit mittens, buy mittens, clean out your mitten basket and send gently used, clean mittens! Help keep some kids hands warm this winter!
On the work front – I started a new job on Monday – more on that later, when my brain stops swirling around.
Have an awesome Wednesday everyone!
Hello everyone! Hope all of you are having a marvelous week – I am working, knitting, cooking, and doing laundry! Life is hectic here in Holland! We have tests to study for, papers to write, books to read – and those are the things that I have to keep my teenagers on pace for! Halloween was a pretty good sized “speed bump” in the road for them. You know, houses to teepee, etc! 🙂
On top of that, I am loving all of the Norovemberish things I am knitting! I have an entrelac purse that I am almost finished with, knitted in Kureyon – this will get felted and hidden away for a Christmas gift! I am half done with one fun mitten – knit from Kureyon and a strand of mohair – also a Christmas present. I need to cast on the sleeves for Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton’s Larstorp in Iro! As you can see Norovember is well under way here!
Well, I have to get dinner in the oven – so I can sit down and knit 😉
Have a great evening everyone!
Hello everyone! Are you all ready for time change this weekend? An extra hour to sleep? I am excited because there is an extra hour to knit! That is awesome in my opinion – although I do have to work Friday night and all day Saturday. I will still have an extra hour to knit!
My daughter has the “Decomposers Festival” tonight – a ghoulishly fun time for orchestra students! What is “Decomposers Festival” you ask? Well – it is a concert where all students dress up for Halloween – and the audience can dress up as well. They play some “scary” music – and since my daughter is so witty and bright – she and her friends are the “deal or no deal” girls – I know, what am I thinking! Pick your battles, parents. But, Heidi is in the Chamber Orchestra and the Symphony Orchestra – so I get to listen to her play twice! It is a fun time for all.
Does anyone out there like coffee as much as I do? If you do you might want to head over to the Knitter’s Coffee Swap site and sign up. Hurry – there are only 50 spots available and I have taken one of them!!
If that does not interest you but you love Noro yarn then Norovember maybe be for you. I was so excited about this KAL – I have cast on Clapotis in Noro Silk Garden – I just took a class on entrelac and knitting backwards – yes, knitting backwards – and I picked Noro Kureyon for that – it will be the cutest felted bag when I am done. AND, I got some Silk Garden this summer at a ‘close out sale’ to make my girlfriend Sursa for Christmas. I also want to get out a sweater I had started last year – all I need to do is finish the sleeves of Larstorp done and sew it together! If I get really motivated and get all these projects done – I can cap off the month by knitting Gesta with some Kochoran I got on sale this summer as well. I think that Norovember will be soo much fun.
Hope you are all having a great week. I cannot believe that October is almost over – but it has been much colder than normal here with snow and freezing rain. I hope that November warms up a bit!
Have a great Thursday all!
1. FIRST NAME? Kathy
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I sure was – my mom and a great aunt.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Yesterday. I cry easily – like for commercials. I am pretty sappy!
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It is not bad, if I do say so myself.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I am not a fan of cold lunch meat – but I adore corned beef and hot pastrami sandwiches.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I am a good listener and extremely loyal.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Blog
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope, they have been gone for years.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not in this life – or the next!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Special K Red berry – mmmm, I like that stuff.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Hmmm, do I have a pair of tie shoes? I don’t think so, but if I did I don’t think I would untie.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Strong? As in muscles? Nope – but I am strong in faith, strong in spirit, and extremely bull headed!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Anything coffee flavored.
14. SHOE SIZE? I am a size 8 ½ to a 9, depending on the style.
5. RED OR PINK? Red, never – EVER pink. I am not a pastel kind of gal.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My procrastination.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Nana.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure, or at least leave a comment so I can go read it!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black pants and shoes and a green shirt and jacket.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chicken tenders at Uccello’s for lunch today.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Muzak at the office and Teresa talking.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Orange.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Bread baking in the oven and the smell of newborn babies!
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jodi, of course.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their smile.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I think I do – I like to read her blog.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Chardonnay, please.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? College football – college basketball, pick one depending on the season.
29. EYE COLOR? Hazel
30. HAT SIZE? I don’t know, large? Not that it is filled with brains! 😉
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, I am at the “in between” stage of glasses – not quite ready for reading glasses.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pasta anything.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Never, ever scary movies – happy endings, please.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Hmm, I love all seasons, but if I had to choose I would say winter.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? I have to pick????
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Crème Brulee.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have no clue.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? See #38.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Other than knitting books? Hmmm, maybe I need to get books on tape – then I can “read” and knit!
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Not a thing.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Jeopardy and Law and Order something or other. Now if I answered on Thursday I would say Grey’s Anatomy and ER.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My daughter playing the cello (only a mother would love that – and she is so much better now than when she began 5 years ago!)
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Both – there is no way to choose!
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? China
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I don’t know if a positive, upbeat attitude is a special talent, but if it is not, I don’t have one.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Zeeland, Michigan
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stolen from http://www.januaryone.com/!
Have an awesome Wednesday everyone!
Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!