Hello everyone! Friday has finally arrived – thank heaven! I had 2 interviews this week – and have a second interview next week. I hope there is a job looming on the horizon, but I am not holding my breath. A local employer has just laid off 600 more people (they laid off 1900 last year) – here in West Michigan, the job market is tough. I am just glad that the week is over, we have a Derby Party on Saturday – that will be fun. I am off to do the grocery run – yippee!
Have a great weekend all!
Hello Everyone! I have joined my first Secret Pal Exchange
http://secretpal8.blogspot.com/! I am excited to begin this adventure!!
Here are my questionnaire answers:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love to knit with wool – any wool. I love how it feels as I work with it. I don’t think I have a fiber that I don’t like!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I keep my needles in the package they came in.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about a year and a half and would consider myself an intermediate knitter who is not afraid to learn something new!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, I do not.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like citrus and cinnamon scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do have a bit of a sweet tooth and I love dark chocolate!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I like to make my own cards and I do not spin – yet!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love jazz! My pc can play music and I have a cd player!
9. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand? I love green’s and tend to be drawn to the autumn color palette. I don’t care for pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married to a great guy and I have 3 teenaged kids. I have 2 dogs – Copper and Penny!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love scarves and poncho’s/shawls. I like mittens as well when it gets cold here in Michigan – I don’t wear hats very much though!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit anything – it is the process for me rather than the item.
13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on finishing a sweater for my husband, a couple of sweaters for myself and a pair of socks for my daughter.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular – either in bamboo or addi’s!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I do not.
17. How did you learn to knit? I bought a book from a store with a ball of yarn and taught myself – my first project was a garter stitch scarf. I have been absorbed into this wonderful craft ever since.
18. How old is your oldest UFO? About 3 months old.
19. What is your favorite holiday? Easter.
20. Is there anything that you collect? Antiques.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have been eyeing Sally Melville’s Color book, and the latest Rowan magazine. I currently receive Kitter’s Magazine.
22. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I would love to learn Fair Isle!
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? You bet I am ! I took a class and learned how to knit 2 socks on one circular needle. I wear a size 8.5 shoe.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) My birthday is December 27th.
Welcome to Monday and another week! I am still trying to determine if this is a good thing or not. I am working on housework – YUCK and getting ready for my knitting classes that I am teaching next week. I am listening to Its a Purlman’s podcast (http://www.itsapurlman.com/) – you might want to check him out – He is good and he knits! I need to work on more bags for the gallery and the shrug for the KAL to hang in Lizzie Ann’s.
Back to work for me – have a good day all!
Holy Cats, is it Friday yet? This has been the week from HELL. I had an interview today at a local dress shop – boy was that depressing! She told me that I did not have the qualifications to work in a retail shop! Hmmm, I have written loans at a bank for hundreds of thousands of dollars, but I am apparently clueless on how to sell a damn dress! And to think I am a MORE than regular at this shop. This woman was rude beyond belief in our interview.
Okay – enough venting from me. I am working on sitting down to knit for the evening. Time to relax with a glass of wine and my sticks. 🙂
Have a great evening all.
Hello Everyone – was this a long week, or what! Maybe it is the post-Easter let down, maybe it is still no job and 30 days unemployed is looming, maybe it is “last child confirmed syndrome”. Take your pick, it has been a LONG week. I have finished several (4) bags on sale at the Gallery in Douglas. I also have worked up a KAL for my LKS! We are doing this from Dalegarn
It is knit is Svale – we are beginning the week of June 6th. You can contact me for mor information. Watch for photo’s of my progress here.
Have a great evening
Hello everyone! I had a meeting yesterday with the owner of the “Thistle Gallery” in Douglas – she wants to put my knitting in her shop! I am so excited! I will have 4 felted bags done for her opening on Thursday – and more for her “Grand Opening” in June. I am working on some “Wobbly Circle” totes for that and some Noni bags. I need to get my bio to her for publication in her press releases. I am just stunned as I have only been knitting for about a year and a half. My husband, Kyle, is very impressed – he said to me this morning when he left – “work hard today”! That is too funny! The gallery is very unique – she has filled it with the work of local artists. She does some beautiful glass work, herself.
Copper and Penny will be happy to sit with me and knit today! Copper is on the left and Penny is on the right – they are our “babies”. They are half brother and sister Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They are certainly enjoying me being home everyday! I also have to finish up the stoles for confirmation – my son is confirmed on Sunday. Have a great day everyone!