We went to bed last night with dire warnings of doom… an Armageddon of a storm was heading our way! And, in Pittsburgh this strikes fear into brave men. Really. The stuff of Crazy if you ask this Michigan girl – I mean I know what snow is.
BUT THE HILLS, Kat!!! Yes, yes – I understand… (okay, maybe not so much!)
Anyways, we woke today to discover that the pending doom was not so pending or doom-ish.
However, I am aware that not all places were so lucky – and if that includes you, Gentle Reader – I am deeply sorry and I hope you are safe, warm, and with functioning electricity! (And, that you have a good stockpile of knitting and books!!!)
It began snowing lightly here at about 10:30 and I am sure that I will hear how treacherous even that tiniest bit is from someone…
I have some fun things to share with you today:
Christian, Heidi, and Genevieve!
- My darlingest daughter #2 is having a little Book Party and I can tell you that these books are a HIT with Granddaughter #1. If you are looking for some books for your grandkids (or kids!!) I would love it if you helped support her (and Genevieve would love it too!) If you are on Facebook and want to “attend her party” tomorrow night, let me know and I will invite you!
- I am now a LipSense™ distributor (thank you so much Carole!) and if you want information – please ask. I won’t be advertising here on the blog, but you are welcome to join my Facebook Group.
- I am in the process of writing an actual pattern, which I will be sharing soon. But, really – I am incredibly excited about this and knitting math might be the best kind of math ever!
- Today is Pi Day – and I am sadly not a Pie Maker, however – Carole and Bonny are! They popped in my head first thing this morning – and I wish I was their neighbor to get in on their pie action!
- Pi Day and Knitting is so incredible – especially with this crazy post by the brilliant Mary Scott Huff (you can read about the entire Permission Denied Sweater Journey here). The genius of knitters never ceases to amaze me…really.
- I had a lovely coffee hour yesterday (which you will hear and see more about later this week) and it really got me thinking… there should be a thing as a Blog Retreat, don’t you think? I welcome your thoughts and ideas – I would LOVE to make this happen.
- Knitter’s March Madness begins tomorrow – so you better get your research done TODAY!
That is enough for this Terrible Tuesday. And, really – please share your thoughts and ideas about a Blogger Retreat!
Happy Monday everyone!
It was a pretty uneventful weekend – although, sadly, it was an hour shorter.
I did some Resisting on Saturday, which always feels so good!
But, all in all it was restful!
That is a good thing because I have BIG PLANS this morning!!
I hope your Monday is as fab as mine!!
The weekend’s list of accomplishments was short – laundry being the sole item.
Which leaves me catching up on Monday.
A bit of vitamin C and coffee paired with some nourishing meditations will hopefully get me ready to move those things left undone from the weekend onto my Monday list.
It will be a full week – I hope your weekend was just what you needed to tackle your week!
Happy Monday, everyone!
Happy Monday everyone!
I hope your weekend was good and that you are refreshed and energized to tackle the week!
We had an abrupt return to winter on Saturday and I am a bit concerned for all the things that are now growing in my yard…
- Forsythia are about to bloom
- Tarragon, mint, chives, and thyme are growing like mad
- The lilac bush has oodles of leaf buds on it (however, I do not see any flower buds yet…)
- The Spiraea in the front yard is filled with a beautiful green haze of new leaves
- And, I have a plethora of perennials coming up all over
So, the snow and bitter winds on Sunday were especially unwelcome.
Despite the wild weather – it was a good weekend!
There was another “huddle” with my fellow resister’s which has become something I am really looking forward to. The bit of time in camaraderie with like-minded souls is definitely a boost!
I discovered when I was almost done with the first part of the chart on sock one that I somehow skipped 12 rows. So… riiiiiiiip! I am glad I discovered this before getting much further – AND before beginning sock two. I am back on track with a post it™ to help me with my obvious confusion! However, both socks being done before the final clue comes out on Wednesday is highly unlikely.
We also found some nice looking Romanesco at Whole Paycheck (although they were not insanely expensive) and made my favorite salad, Romanesco alla Diavola, with it to accompany pasta with meatballs for dinner last night. It was so good!
We watched some of the Oscars, but being the lively, stay-up-late crew that we are we did not last until the end. (Actually, it was far from the end, and as such we missed all the uproar over the best picture!!) Now, I am waiting for the same thing to happen with our last general election…
And that brings us to Monday – a hit the ground running morning here. How about you?
Good Morning, Gentle Readers!
How is your weekend going? I hope as wonderfully as it has here!
I am not sure what weather in the upper 60’s in February says about Global Warming, but it sure makes for a glorious weekend!
There was an abundance of walking this weekend in an effort to spend as much time as possible outside! Saturday we walked in our “old standby” out at Boyce Mayview Park – clear blue skies and warm sunshine coupled with a cacophony of birds singing and the distant rat-a-tat-tat of woodpeckers made for a wonderful walk!
Sunday we decided to venture outside our usual walking route and headed to Dormont Park where the walk was invigorating (lots of hills in Pittsburgh means a walk can be a good work out!) And, the views from the park were incredible as you can see above! On our way home, we decided to stop in Carnegie at their park and imagine my surprise in finding a Skate Park there! It was busy and we had fun watching the variety of ages all zipping around on bikes and boards.
Hopefully there will be a bit more time to walk today because this weather surely cannot be here for good – can it? (Although we have forecasts of 60’s all week!)
Have a great Monday everyone!
For a weekend in which we had no plans, we sure as heck did lots of things!
Saturday, I went to my local Huddle and let me tell you this – when you find your people, it is so INSPIRING!!
Then Steve and I walked at the mall – because well, rain made it nicer to be dry inside. Bonus, a 1 Day Macy’s Sale scored a new suit for Steve.
We stopped by the “new” Whole Foods near us to see what all the hype was about. Sushi and Lobster tails somehow fell into our cart. And, maybe 2 donuts…
Then there was a massive joint Kon-Mari-thon for the remainder of the day on Saturday and half the day on Sunday. Sometimes you need to Kon-Mari with someone else, to help you over those rough patches – you know those “it does not spark joy, but…” moments.
I even managed to get half way through Clue #2 of TTL’s MKAL – one sock down, one to go! And, there was even some stitching time!
There was a quick trip to TJ’s and Steve got me a couple of bouquets of daffodils. This morning their sunny faces sure made it feel cheerier than a typical February grey Monday in Pittsburgh. AND Monday is not quite so painful knowing that this is only a 4-day week.