Sometimes the weekends seem slow and lazy and other times it just seems to race by. This weekend was the later and I am scratching my head wondering how the heck it is Monday already.
It was a weekend spent trying to stay cool and dry (and there was lots of rain!) But, the weekend also brought the first tomatoes of the season and there was some swatching, too!
But, my list calls so have a good Monday – stay cool and dry!
Which is filled with making jam, iced coffee, and farmer’s market sunflowers.
Oh, and staying cool – it’s supposed to be a very warm week!
How is your Monday looking?
Weekend Monday’s are much better than Begin Your Week Monday’s!
This weekend did have some highs though.
- My Knit a Sweater in 4 days took 5 days. I am in total awe of all those who completed this sweater in 4 days – and there were several who did. However, I am thrilled to have a sweater in the complete column! And, even in 5 days – I am super happy with it. I made some mods which you can read about here. It just needs a soak and some ends woven in and it will be ready for sweater weather. Now, back to Stillwater #1 and catching up on KK’s MKAL.
- I binge-watched Witnesses on Netflix. Excellent and I highly recommend!
- I am almost done with South of Broad! Which is a good thing, because I have gotten a flurry of holds that have come available – so my reading/listening list just grew exponentially!
- We did a good bit of yard/garden work on Sunday. More trimming and more planting! Also, some creative adjustments to the “garden gate” because the wee bunnies can eat their weight x100 in beans! I had 10 bean plants, now I have 10 bean sticks! Sigh…
- I discovered that Broadchurch is on BBC America on Wednesday nights! Also, Prime Suspect: Tennison on PBS was excellent!
There you have my weekend but, Monday has a long list and I better get to it! How was your weekend?
Greetings from mid-weekend! I know! How awesome is that!
Some things to perk up your Monday:
- The Four Day Sweater KAL is in full swing – and Mary is just cruising along! Go, Mary, Go! I am beyond the Great Sweater Divide and will resume knitting on Thursday when Steve heads off for a 3-day work function. Yes, there is a method to me dividing up my time! LOL
- Speaking of Mary, she shared this lovely tidbit with me this morning! Yes, I’m still with her – and really, can we all be in a book club together? Perhaps new rules for Presidential candidates should include their reading list, and if they don’t have one – they are automatically disqualified!
- I have picked 7 zucchinis, 10 cucumbers, and up today is the first bean harvest!! Gardening FTW!
- We had some early sweet corn for dinner last night and yes, it was so delicious!
That is all I have for this Mon-turday! Except this, Monday I think this should be your new plan going forward – BE SATURDAY!
Are for binding off!
Sweater body done! Front band pick up to commence momentarily!
My bind off and pick up companion? On The Road by Jack Kerouac and how I did not realize what a fantastic writer he was!?
Happy Monday, everyone!
It was a quiet weekend here with no real plans to do anything, which was perfect.
We did a bit of yard work in the heat, no too much, but just enough and I was pleased to see that this week my first zucchini will be ready for picking!
There was a bit of knitting – clue one is done and I am patiently waiting (okay, maybe not patiently!) for clue two!
And, the rain today will make it easier to get some indoor things done.
How was your weekend?