Despite having avoided the masses yesterday for Black Friday, we headed out to the Target Boutique bright and early this morning.
Because, not every strand of Christmas lights ever works correctly from year to year. The Grinch must come and tinker with things after you’ve put them away. This phenomenon occurs every year, without fail!
Once we were finished since there were astonishingly few people out, successive stops were made at numerous places, not limited to, but including IKEA, Spool, and Fat Heads.
Back at home, light adornment of the tree continues.
Twenty quarts of turkey stock is being made while light adornment happens.
Leftovers from Fat Heads just might be happening for dinner. With a beer, or two, or possibly three because Michigan lost to Ohio State, so I have some sorrows to drown!
I hope your weekend is everything you hope for and more!
Exterior Christmas decorating is happening here today. Bonus in that it is over 60° outside! Interior decorating to follow over the weekend.
Good thing I have a metric ton of leftovers, so I won’t have to cook anything anytime soon!
Carole sent a most appropriate Ten on Tuesday topic this week and one that poses a bit of a challenge:
10 Things You Are Thankful For Right Now
I can easily think of ten things I am thankful for…
However, the right now portion requires some introspection, thought, even meditation.
And so, thoughtfully, right now I am thankful for:
- My Bialetti Moka Pot, coffee at its finest right in my kitchen!
- The discovery of the joy of yoga and making myself stick with it for 30 days, creating a healthy habit that has and will continue
- The discovery of 100 Acts of Sewing that then spurred
- my rediscovery of the joy of sewing
- The internet that helps keep me connected, updated, inspired, and entertained
- Sherman, who makes every day so much more
- My new friends here, most especially Cheryl who has become like a sister to me.
- My children and, especially, my new grand-daughter, Genevieve
- My ‘new’ city, with all it has to offer and
- the reason I am here (in the ‘Burgh)
I think that giving thanks in the moment is a very good habit to adopt and I want to know, Gentle Reader, what are you thankful for right now!
I love to cook, but leftovers can be the bane of my existence. Anytime I can find a way to use leftovers in a way that is completely different from their original meal, I am excited.
It doesn’t always happen, but when it does mmmm, mmmm, mmm!
It seems that a bug is making its way through our house, so today there will be a lot of nothing being accomplished.
Netflix and knitting are on my schedule today, how about yours?