Fiber Friday, June 24th
The spinning this week continues. I have been working patiently though this gorgeous Targhee from Sheepspot Fiber Club.
This is a serious spin – as in counting treadles and lacing my flyer to get a nice lace-weight yarn – these things are not things I have done before for any project! I have half spun up and have half to go. This is such beautiful fiber – I have never spun Targhee and so this was a real treat! It has so much spring and the fiber drafts beautifully – practically by itself! Truly, this is drafting so easily, I am able to pull just a few fibers out at a time getting a nice fine single. I am using the 15:1 whorl on my Schacht Matchless, so I am putting a good bit of twist into the single. I love how my ply back sample looks and this is what I will be aiming for when I ply this up. This will bloom drastically in the wash so my goal is a light fingering weight, heavy lace weight and I think I will achieve it! Stay Tuned!
Friday Link Ups:
- Beige Contemplation…Really – I love the name and it reminds me of my dear Mother in Law who always said she would “wear beige and keep her mouth shut.” Thankfully, she did neither!
- Junegrass Pullover: Hello, wardrobe staple!
- Is this your summer of socks?
- Sisterhood of the Sweater is brilliant!
- High contrast yarn + Strategic short rows = Snood Barcelona
- It is almost impossible to resist this beauty by Thea Coleman
- This might be the sweetest pattern ever written for the yarn that just wants to be Close To You
For the book lovers out there when a book appears in your vision, not once but three times in a week it is a message from the Book Gods! I heeded their call and have queued it up on my Kindle to read. I also finished Still Life and loved it! My bingo card is getting close to my first bingo! Summer reading FTW!
That’s all I have this week, have the Happiest of FriYAY’s! I will see you back here on Monday – and Tuesday there will be a special update on the Summer Knit Along that you won’t want to miss!