September is upon us and that means FOOTBALL!
And for me, that means college football and especially MICHIGAN football!!
Why football, you ask? Well, Carole wants to know my:
10 Favorite Football Foods. (As in, your favorite things to eat while watching football.)
Well, let’s get to the starting lineup then!!
- Steve’s Buffalo Wings
- Hummus with fresh veggies
- Chili, which must have some nice warm….
- Cornbread, of course!
- Pizza – take out works so perfectly, really!
- Chips and dip
- Jalapeño Poppers
Really, finger foods are key here (with the exception of the chili and cornbread!!)
Although Carole did not ask about things to drink – there should be beer!
There you have it, Gentle Reader – Football Eats! What’s on your menu?
Hello, Gentle Readers! It’s Tuesday, and Carole is back and wants to know:
10 Things You Miss About Your Home When You’re Away
Hmmm, this might be a bit of a challenge, but let’s see how far I can get…
- My bed… of course this is number one, because well – it is perfect for sleeping. And, really – another bed is just never quite right, know what I mean?
- My routine…yes, I am a creature of habit – while I love change, I like somethings to be the same.
- A closet and dresser – living out of a suitcase can be a challenge
- My spinning wheel – although, for an upcoming trip I am planning on bringing a drop spindle or two…
- My own bathroom. Enough said.
- My water – really, your body gets used to the water where you are, different water feels different, smells different, and yes – tastes different.
- I would say the library, however, thanks to Overdrive and a Kindle this is no longer the issue it could be.
- My stash… yes, really!! It is challenging to pack knitting projects!!
- My kitchen. I like to cook, and I eat much better (healthier?) if I prepare the meal.
- Sherman… our preference is to take him with us, but sometimes that is just not possible. When it’s not – I miss him horribly.
There you have it – what I miss most when I am away from home! How about you? What do you miss most?
Hello 10 on Tuesday Readers! Carole has a uniquely challenging task for us this week. She wants to know:
Write a list of 10 words that describe you. The catch is that all the words should begin with the same letter as your first name!
Really? Words with a “k”???
Okay, with a little help from Dictionary.com, here goes nothing:
- Klutzy. Because, I am. Really!! Very Klutzy! **insert bruise photos here**
- Kind. Even when I don’t want to be.
- Knowledge seeker (or klife-klong klearner)
- Knitter. This is obvious…
- Kindle Reader. (Because it makes the task so much easier, especially at night!)
- Kneader of Bread. However, not so much lately
- An unKempt housekeeper. There you have it people, it is not my favorite thing to do. Ever.
- Kvelling, especially about my kiddos!
- Koffie drinker (Dutch spelling works, right?)
- Kitchen cooker. As opposed to a Grill Master, I cook in the kitchen, Steve cooks outdoors!)
There you have it. The Komplete Kworks of Kat!
How about you, Gentle Reader?? Share a word that describes you!
It’s Tuesday and that means that Carole wants to know:
10 Songs About Where You Live
About now would be the perfect time to be from Chicago, New York, or San Francisco, but, Pittsburgh???
Now I know lots of songs, but not a single one about Pittsburgh. Thankfully the Google was able to help me out on this one!
Pittsburgh Town by Woodie Guthrie
There’s a Pawnshop on the Corner by Bob Merrill
Ode to Pittsburgh by Louden Wainwright III
Pumping Iron by the Iron City Houserockers
Homestead Town by Mike Stout
Pittsburgh by They Might Be Giants
Dahntahn by Mark Eddie. And really I do not know anyone who talks like this. Promise.
I Love Pittsburgh by Jimmy Sapienza
I’m In Pittsburgh by the Outcasts
And you really can’t do a list of songs about Pittsburgh, and skip the Steelers….
Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa
And, one bonus song, from my most loved home town – Holland, Michigan – home of the Tulip Time Festival:
Tulips are Blooming in Holland, Michigan
Personally, these kids singing might be the best thing ever. Do you have a song your city is famous for?