The weekend was full, there was some happy houring, some football watching, and some yard working.
And, yes, there was some knitting. I have about 4 inches to go on Ponchetta…which I think will pair nicely with the Mountain of Laundry that awaits me!
Happy Monday all!
The weekend had a definite autumnal feel to it with cool temps, low humidity, and overcast skies. Kind of weird weather for early August, especially since I am not ready to be reminded that summer is winding down.
The weekend weather did afford a bit more Kon-Mari-ing, which is not really my favorite way to spend a weekend but I am pleased with the results.
The weather was perfect for a bonfire on Saturday night which was the first one we have had this summer!
Today is grey and rainy and my to-do list is substantial, so I am just going to focus on my list and hope for some sunshine and warm weather this week!
Happy Monday, everyone!
Weekend Monday’s are much better than Begin Your Week Monday’s!
This weekend did have some highs though.
- My Knit a Sweater in 4 days took 5 days. I am in total awe of all those who completed this sweater in 4 days – and there were several who did. However, I am thrilled to have a sweater in the complete column! And, even in 5 days – I am super happy with it. I made some mods which you can read about here. It just needs a soak and some ends woven in and it will be ready for sweater weather. Now, back to Stillwater #1 and catching up on KK’s MKAL.
- I binge-watched Witnesses on Netflix. Excellent and I highly recommend!
- I am almost done with South of Broad! Which is a good thing, because I have gotten a flurry of holds that have come available – so my reading/listening list just grew exponentially!
- We did a good bit of yard/garden work on Sunday. More trimming and more planting! Also, some creative adjustments to the “garden gate” because the wee bunnies can eat their weight x100 in beans! I had 10 bean plants, now I have 10 bean sticks! Sigh…
- I discovered that Broadchurch is on BBC America on Wednesday nights! Also, Prime Suspect: Tennison on PBS was excellent!
There you have my weekend but, Monday has a long list and I better get to it! How was your weekend?
Today, I just want to go back in time.
Back to when we were on vacation.
Or at least back to Friday and the start of the weekend. Especially since yesterday was a day of Mary Poppins weather – you know the kind, Practically perfect in every way!
It all just went too fast and this week is full of so many fun-less (un-fun?) things it is looming with a huge UGH.
Someone is making noises that we will need to turn on the AC this week to which I will declare all-out war, and I have no intention of losing! No more AC in 2016. Period! Ha!!
On a calmer note. There was some knitting time this weekend, but no finish on the Honey Cowl. I have about 7 inches (of 11) done. To be continued. (Good thing Sunday was so nice that I did not even miss a cowl!)
This begins the “get my ass in gear and finish the painting in this freaking house” week (okay maybe month, but really – I want it all done BEFORE Christmas explodes in this house!)
And, this is just the tip of my iceberg. Can someone please just hit the rewind button??
How’s your week looking?