You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.” – Flip Wilson
Carole was off in Vegas doing a bit of celebrating this past weekend and because of that, I think this is the perfect 10 on Tuesday! I sure hope they were doing lots of shouting over the weekend!
Ten Things to Shout When You Hit the Jackpot:
- NO WAY!!!
- We’re in the money!
- I can’t believe it!
- I’M GOING TO DISNEY!!
- Wait, what?
- I have to pay how much in taxes???!!!???
Chances are very good that I will never shout any of these ten items because in order to win a jackpot I have to put some nickels in the machine, which I don’t do with any regularity.
That got me thinking about other ways to hit the jackpot and I think a non-gamblers jackpot list is a thing… isn’t it?
So here is my Non-Gambler’s Jackpot list:
- All of your kids graduating from college AND finding jobs
- The birth of your first grandchild
- Noticing that you have lost weight and you have not been dieting
- Groceries that miraculously pro-create in your cupboard eliminating the need to ever return to the grocery store
- Self-folding laundry
- The discovery of a Pug that does not shed
- Teleportation is a reality
- Deciding that you do not have insomnia, but really only need two hours of sleep at night
- Being able to do your hair EXACTLY as your stylist did – Every. Single. Time! (See Saturday’s post!)
- Getting gauge on the gauge swatch on the first try
Now this list would be hitting the jackpot indeed!
Happy Ten on Tuesday!
It is sad but I only have a few photos documenting my childhood. This is the only photo I know of from which an enlargement was made, a rarity outside the annual school photo. My parents were just not photographers.
However, I think I have a good plan. I have put together a calendar of the month with a blog plan for the days.
What?!? A plan for your blog?
In any case, this will give me a good start on ending the year well and a good plan for beginning 2016, which sadly gets closer and closer with every passing day.
And, so it begins: Happy November 1st, Gentle Reader, and welcome to NaBloPoMo at Casa del KatKnits, and after a very busy Sunday morning I think it is time to be still and enjoy the quietness of what remains of the weekend with a bit of knitting and a movie. I hope your weekend was filled with a good balance of activity and stillness. If not, there is still some time to correct that before Monday arrives!