I made the decision to be in only one fiber club this year, the Sheepspot Breed Club with the addition of the Breed School – it cost a little bit more, but what I am learning is invaluable.
The second installment was Montadale that Sasha got at MDSW. I saw the fiber there and it was lovely! I was thrilled to learn that I would have the opportunity to try this fiber. The fiber was dyed beautifully – I selected the Autumn Wedding colorway. The fiber was processed nicely, although there were a few bits that appeared to be second cuts. I am not sure, but they were easy to remove and I had less than a dozen of them in the first braid. However, these bits did not impede my spinning in anyway at all; I was able to maintain good consistency by removing them as I spun.
It is Tuesday and that means Carole has sent out a challenge for our Ten on Tuesday post!
Today it is a fantastic one: 10 Best Things You Did in November, so without further ado here is my list!
- I blogged every day, completing a successful NaBloPoMo!
- I used my camera every day and I have a new favorite lens as a result!
- I “figured out” how to do my shorter hair and it only took a couple of weeks!
- I did some of the best spinning and, more importantly, the best plying I have ever done!
- I grew my weaving skills and gave myself permission to make many mistakes without stressing over them!
- I finished some knitting projects, even if they were small ones!
- I made nine quarts of turkey stock and four turkey pot pies with Thanksgiving leftovers!
- I got all my Christmas decorating done, freeing up December for finishing the few “me-made” Christmas gifts on my list!
- Finding .98¢ poinsettia’s and a $6 orchid on my only venture out on “Black Friday” (and there was practically no one at Home Depot!)
- Finding a true connection with yoga, I feel like my day is just not right if I do not do yoga.
I think these are some very good “bests” for my November!
Happy 10 on Tuesday, Gentle Reader!
In the face of the senseless tragedy, the words of Mr. Rogers echo in my mind, “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'”
Be a helper to those around you today.
A completely random and totally gratuitous picture of my granddaughter, Genevieve!
Spinzilla arrived in the wee hours of the night on October 5th and I got off to a slow start as I was in Michigan until Tuesday night visiting this little bundle of joy.