It is Tuesday and that means Carole has sent out a challenge for our Ten on Tuesday post!
Today it is a fantastic one: 10 Best Things You Did in November, so without further ado here is my list!
- I blogged every day, completing a successful NaBloPoMo!
- I used my camera every day and I have a new favorite lens as a result!
- I “figured out” how to do my shorter hair and it only took a couple of weeks!
- I did some of the best spinning and, more importantly, the best plying I have ever done!
- I grew my weaving skills and gave myself permission to make many mistakes without stressing over them!
- I finished some knitting projects, even if they were small ones!
- I made nine quarts of turkey stock and four turkey pot pies with Thanksgiving leftovers!
- I got all my Christmas decorating done, freeing up December for finishing the few “me-made” Christmas gifts on my list!
- Finding .98¢ poinsettia’s and a $6 orchid on my only venture out on “Black Friday” (and there was practically no one at Home Depot!)
- Finding a true connection with yoga, I feel like my day is just not right if I do not do yoga.
I think these are some very good “bests” for my November!
Happy 10 on Tuesday, Gentle Reader!
Carole sent a most appropriate Ten on Tuesday topic this week and one that poses a bit of a challenge:
10 Things You Are Thankful For Right Now
I can easily think of ten things I am thankful for…
However, the right now portion requires some introspection, thought, even meditation.
And so, thoughtfully, right now I am thankful for:
- My Bialetti Moka Pot, coffee at its finest right in my kitchen!
- The discovery of the joy of yoga and making myself stick with it for 30 days, creating a healthy habit that has and will continue
- The discovery of 100 Acts of Sewing that then spurred
- my rediscovery of the joy of sewing
- The internet that helps keep me connected, updated, inspired, and entertained
- Sherman, who makes every day so much more
- My new friends here, most especially Cheryl who has become like a sister to me.
- My children and, especially, my new grand-daughter, Genevieve
- My ‘new’ city, with all it has to offer and
- the reason I am here (in the ‘Burgh)
I think that giving thanks in the moment is a very good habit to adopt and I want to know, Gentle Reader, what are you thankful for right now!
Our 10 on Tuesday is week is: 10 Places You Hang Out
Now, I am sure that I do not have ten places at which I regularly hang out (outside of my house!) Sad, but true Gentle Reader.
If I had unlimited resources this would be my list of ‘Hang Out’ places
Coffee from Lemonjello’s is so hang out worthy!
You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.” – Flip Wilson
Carole was off in Vegas doing a bit of celebrating this past weekend and because of that, I think this is the perfect 10 on Tuesday! I sure hope they were doing lots of shouting over the weekend!
Ten Things to Shout When You Hit the Jackpot:
- NO WAY!!!
- We’re in the money!
- I can’t believe it!
- I’M GOING TO DISNEY!!
- Wait, what?
- I have to pay how much in taxes???!!!???
Chances are very good that I will never shout any of these ten items because in order to win a jackpot I have to put some nickels in the machine, which I don’t do with any regularity.
That got me thinking about other ways to hit the jackpot and I think a non-gamblers jackpot list is a thing… isn’t it?
So here is my Non-Gambler’s Jackpot list:
- All of your kids graduating from college AND finding jobs
- The birth of your first grandchild
- Noticing that you have lost weight and you have not been dieting
- Groceries that miraculously pro-create in your cupboard eliminating the need to ever return to the grocery store
- Self-folding laundry
- The discovery of a Pug that does not shed
- Teleportation is a reality
- Deciding that you do not have insomnia, but really only need two hours of sleep at night
- Being able to do your hair EXACTLY as your stylist did – Every. Single. Time! (See Saturday’s post!)
- Getting gauge on the gauge swatch on the first try
Now this list would be hitting the jackpot indeed!
Happy Ten on Tuesday!
I have always enjoyed reading Carole’s Ten on Tuesday posts, and thanks to NaBloPoMo I am now a happy participant!
This week’s topic was to “Write 10 Sentences That You Think Would Make Great Opening Lines for a Novel.”
Okay. Wow, that is more than a little bit hard for this lackadaisical blogger!