by Kat | Aug 21, 2018 | General, In This Moment
A series of tiny scissor snips and brilliance is revealed. I do like the texture, Vicki!
Sometimes, the process of creation is slow-going and experimental. I am thinking that a few appliqued stars will improve the plain back.
Then, some Cretan Stitch practice…
by Kat | Aug 20, 2018 | General, Making
In the ongoing reorganization of all things crafty in my house, I found several languishing projects that needed to be prioritized for finishing. Sometimes the best way to hold myself accountable is to post it here, out in the open for all to see.
This gives me the perfect opportunity to update my “Make Nine in 2018” goals. I have replaced some items from my original plan.
- Alabama Chanin-style t-shirt – neck and arm binding and some seam stitching are all that stand between me and a new top! A question for all you experienced Alabama Chanin girls…
should I cut out the insides of the stars or do I leave them as they are?
- Laura Aylor’s End of Summer MKAL from last year…seems appropriate to finish it, right?
- Strokkur… sleeves and yoke to go…This would be a lovely addition to my cooler weather wardrobe, so it is moving back into the rotation!
- Autumn Forest – I am not to the half way point yet, but this is a nice semi-mindless and portable knit!
- Two more Esme Tunics… one flannel and one with bell-sleeves!
- Another Uniform Top
- Tegna is underway and I am almost done with the lace portion!
Sadly, this is not the entire list of things I have languishing but, these are the things that I have prioritized for finishing! The others I am pondering…do they stay, or do they go!
I also realize this looks like I have made nothing from my first “make nine” collage… I have made oodles of Esme Tunics and Tops… and I love them so much, they are like my uniform! So, an updated with some knits switched out for the following reasons… I foolishly put 2 items on my list that required me to spin the yarn in order to then knit. I am so out of practice with spinning and I don’t think a sweater spin is the place to work out those kinks. Consistency and all that being important in sweater knitting… so they have moved off the list to be replaced by things that I want to finish.
Last week, Karen shared some great inspiration for completing things. I am taking a page from her and setting aside time each day to work on this list until it is complete.
What are you making today? Do you have a “must finish” list before the season changes?
by Kat | Sep 12, 2017 | General
I spent most of the day yesterday deconstructing several of Steve’s old t-shirts. I am positive that starting with fabric would be much simpler but, I would be more concerned with making mistakes than I am with these shirts! And, today the task of putting them back together again begins. While my head is bursting with ideas, I am filled with uncertainty.
I just love the rush of a new project.