Most of the time a short week is a good thing – but a short week after a vacation was perhaps not the smartest idea. My list barely has a dent in it! (However, laundry is almost done and yogurt is made!)
I had what I thought was a brilliant idea to get one of Steve’s socks for length so I could perhaps finish sock numero uno yesterday. That might have worked if he cut his toes off. Seriously, I thought about suggesting it for more than half a second! Today will find me ripping back the toe and knitting another inch (really, I am knitting WAY more than an inch and hoping they will be just a bit too big!!) Promising him and his size 14 feet a pair of hand knit socks was perhaps the most epic disaster of my knitting life. Really. I will persevere and finish these suckers, however painful it is. And trust me, it is plenty painful! I am trying to avoid the urge to put these socks in Knitting Time Out.
Rather I am going to focus on the beauty that is the Frankfort, Michigan beach.
Instead of feeling bogged down like these poor benches, buried up to their necks in sand!
How about a double dose of Friday Links?? There has been plenty of good stuff over the past couple of weeks:
- Within: Knitting Patterns to Warm the Soul – simply beautiful photos and knits
- Hinterland Straits
- Making No. 2 – Fauna
- Joji’s Favorite Things
- A Plucky Field Trip
- MDK’s Stripes
- Gansey Scarf – FREE!
- Excursion – slippers are imperative for me right now! I will do some stash diving this weekend.
- Cherry on Top
- Svetlana brilliance and More Svetlana brilliance
- Smitten with Colorwork – for the non-hat wearers out there!
- East Woodlands
- Romi’s Tablature is stunning!
- One & Done – this would be GREAT in this yarn that Vicki dyed. (Ummm, Vicki – I would buy a skein TODAY!)
- Dip Dye Socks
- Installment 2 of Ysolda’s Knitworthy 3
- Olive’s Wrap
- Copenhagen Calling – I think with all I have been reading lately, this is a MUST KNIT for me! LOL
That is all I have this week. Tonight, there will be a Grand Traverse Distillery Manhattan or two to usher in FriYAY and Steve is taking a half a day – so while it is technically not a “long weekend” it will be starting a wee bit early! The weather is calling for a backyard bonfire too!
I hope your weekend is fantastic, see you back here on Monday!