How on earth is it already October 20?!? Amirite?
But, how is this perfect fall weather? Outside of Monday when frost greeted Sherman and I for our morning constitutional, it has been most gloriously beautiful. Crisp, cool mornings that give way to sunny, warm days. This weather can just stay for a good long while!
Operation List Completion went very well this week, surprisingly and I am feeling decidedly accomplished!
AND, I have some details to share about the Charitable knitting I completed and blocked! It is Justyna Lorkowska’s Close to You pattern, and this might become my “hitchhiker”. Super fun to knit, an easy-to-memorize pattern, and it uses just one skein of sock yarn. I used some deep stash that I got eons ago from The Loopy Ewe. It is Fleece Artist sock yarn (I think 2/8 BFL, sorry I am not sure and the tag is long gone). I love how it turned out and I am thrilled to be helping support this cause: The Foster Success Foundation.
In the book category – I did have a more than slight moment of panic last night!! Two audiobook holds have come through: What (the hell) Happened and Little Fires Everywhere. I have 21 days to finish them…can I do it? (Also, of course this happened after I started listening to Life after Life on a recommendation from Mary!)
For those that love Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown… he is in Pittsburgh this week! You won’t want to miss it! Really!!
Now, how about some links?
- First up, Marie Greene has a new sweater pattern: Azimuth
- Plucky Knitter has a new pattern collection out, but I especially love Martin. I love the versatility of a vest and this one has some cute details!
- There are some new things from Kirsten Kapur and Thea Colman! I love this yarn pairing and really wish I was going to the reception at Jill’s studio!
- Animal Bonnet is just in time for Halloween!
- Electra is beautiful (and it is a lovely shape as well!)
- Tamangur… I love the yarn and the construction of this sweater. (P.S. The yarn is lovely and very affordable!)
- These socks… or maybe these… oy! (And, really… the Socks of Narnia is an awesome collection and reading knitters are my favorite)
And, finally… I am doing a bit of work with my dear friend, Beth Smith. She has some new classes coming and some other wonderful surprises! If you are not on her mailing list, you should be!!
That is all I have for today, enjoy your weekend and I will see you back here on Monday!