They say the first thing to go is your mind… and apparently, mine is well on its way.
Yesterday, I confessed to being 57. However, as Steve so kindly reminded me yesterday:
Okay but, really – how the hell do you forget your own age. Well, because I do not have any issues admitting when I make mistakes – it is true, I am only 56. And, I really feel so much younger today because of it! LOL
After a week of temperatures in the 50’s and 60’s – winter has decided to return…albeit gently which is greatly appreciated.
My chives are very confused as to what season it is! (as are all the singing birds!)
I am so insanely glad that it is Friday – it seems like this has been the longest week ever – the cocktail hour cannot get here fast enough! I am thinking Margarita’s today to toast President Peña Nieto – that is if I can convince Steve to make them!
Next week clue numero uno of Kirsten Kapur’s Sock MKAL arrives (on Wednesday, in case you still want to join in!!) My yarn is ready and I am eager to begin. Yarn choice? Deep stash diving (see above!) I am not sure who the brown yarn is from, but the lovely golden-yellow is some very vintage Kim Kaslow aka The Woolen Rabbit sock yarn in the Tupelo Honey colorway. Now, are you wondering how I can remember that tidbit but not my age – I am giving you some real insight into what is important in my life – yarn is obviously taking up LOTS of brain space! Haha!
The LINKS are back! The LINKS! The LINKS!
- Starting off with these AWESOME Peace de Resistance Mittens by Bristol Ivy – I LOVE THEM!!!
- Ravelry has given birth to a litter of kitty-esque accessories, but this brioche Happy Kitty Hat is the best.
- And, as long as we are talking brioche – this is just gorgeous!
- Margit in the Wind – if your urge to do some stranded knitting is overwhelming you!
- More stranded knitting can be found here and here!
- Sweater weather is (or should be if you live in the Northern Hemisphere) and Lori Versaci’s The Reach is just awesome!
- Colorize is something we could all use an extra helping of about now!
- Susan B. Anderson’s wait is over – these look so warm!
- Finally – some love for the little ones – literally! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!
That is all I have for this week – have a truth-filled weekend and I will see you back here on Monday!