…First weekend of summer!
Where has May gone? I mean really! Next week is June? What!?
Start your Knitting – Summer Knit-Along kicks off tomorrow! And, because rules are really not much fun – it is a go at your own pace, knit what you want to knit, make your own rules Knit-Along. And if you want to start today – go for it! If you started last week, good for you, if you are not starting until next week – perfect! No stress…really!
Hopefully, you have a good book queued up because if Book Bingo starts tomorrow – and books you are reading now count, as long as you don’t finish until tomorrow! I have Moby Dick in a hold pattern to finish tomorrow! Great way to start Book Bingo, right? If you don’t have a card, or you are not sure you want to have a planned summer of reading, I will borrow some sage advice from my dear friend Carole – it’s your bingo card, so your rules! And, you might want to add something from Bill Gates Summer Book List.
Now, my summer knit along always includes a cocktail on Friday’s so I will occasionally share one here (but I will always share one in the Ravelry group!) And, today seems like the perfect day to do that! And, what better to usher in summer than some gin! This Cucumber Basil Gin and Tonic looks so good (I have no elderflower liqueur in the house, so mine will be made without however if you have it, use it! And, my gin choice for this one – Hendrick’s!)
There you have the makings for the perfect start of summer weekend – knitting, reading, and a beverage!
Now, how about some links?
- In the “not knitting category” but absolutely linkworthy: Trump Snooze
- This pattern will be released on Monday, and it looks very intriguing!
- Lorilee Beltman has a new mitten pattern! Because, mittens and summer – right? LOL Well, perhaps you want to start your gift knitting!
- Why don’t I have a little black shawl? Perhaps I am kicking something off my list to add this…
- Mint Latte – shawl construction FTW!
- In the Free, but wait, it’s cute too category: Hibiscus
- Freer (wait what…lol – for some reason Grammar check did not like “More Free”) and even cuter: Spots & Stripes
- In the “looking for another country” category for those of us on embarrassment overload here in the US – OH CANADA (and, wait for it… it’s free too!)
- Saltmeadow – simple, but stunning. (And, Gale’s photos!!)
- Now, this might be perfect if you want to knit new projects this summer – Happiness Make Along (it starts June 1st!)
- And, finally: TUK which is so cute! Every grandchild needs one!
Now, have a fantastic weekend. I will see you back here on Monday!