I am really trying to ignore how rapidly the days are racing past. However, doing that with any success has been an abject failure. I did, however, finish Rachel’s Velvet-y Cowl last night. I have more than enough yarn left to make a “Mini-Velvet-y Cowl” for Vivi, so this obsession with velvet yarn is not over yet…
Tempted By –
Is it just me, or has Ravelry been an instrument of incredible temptation recently?
- Temptation Number One: Thea’s Hard Cider caught my eye and Mary put an exclamation point on it with her plans! I love Mary’s choice of yarn and especially the color!
- Temptation Number Two: A Rav ad for Delicious Toast also caught my eye… the details are so lovely!
- Temptation Number Three: (which I am about to give in to!) Oh, Gnome, You Didn’t Steve’s mom loves gnomes and has quite a collection of them and this little fellow would be a cute addition! Plus, she watched Sherman for us on Tuesday, so I will be casting this on shortly as a tiny little thank you to her!
- Temptation Number Four: Cellophane Flowers makes me want to drop everything, buy some speckled yarn, and CAST ON!!
- Temptation Number Five: ADVENTuresome Wrap – yes, this pattern from Ambah O’Brien has been rattling around my brain – I have a good amount of Koigu that I think will work, I’d just need to get a skein of something to use for the main color!
Grateful Gratitude –
I have spent the week immersed in gratitude thanks to Michelle. I have thought about opening my eyes to notice gratitude. I have reveled in the wonder of gratitude. I have taken note of the things I take for granted. I have celebrated those slivers of joy that are a steady thread though my days. And finally, today I will think about gratitude that exists inside those difficult times. This week was very much needed in my life, and I plan to continue to seek out gratitude as the month continues. It is amazing how seeking out gratitude alters your entire outlook for everything!
It’s Old Fashioned Week –
Yes, indeed! And, this is the perfect day to celebrate that! I will be mixing up a special simple syrup to make an autumn-inspired Old Fashioned for tonight’s happy hour!
Finally, let the weekend begin –
Tomorrow is the fall Pittsburgh Vintage Mixer! It is on the North Shore versus in Lawrenceville and I have my fingers crossed that we will be heading off to wander and look at all the treasures! PLUS, a North Shore visit on a weekend that there is no Pitt game means that I might even be able to convince Steve that lunch at Southern Tier Brewing is in order!
That is all I have for this week, what are your TGIF thoughts for today?