I am joining Honoré today and sharing my Little Word update for the month!
Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen Hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is. — Mary Anne Radmacher
I am positive that this was not the word I should have picked for 2020 because here we are closing out May, and my struggle with intention continues. This was absolutely not what I ever imagined when I settled in with a word for 2020 late last year.
Words like uncertainty, circumspect, and home-body seem like they might have been better word choices, but I am not a quitter – so onward with intention!
But Mary Anne Radmacher’s quote still beckons and this month Choose with no regret has become my daily mantra. And sometimes I was even successful!
- All month long as areas began to “open up” I confidently elected to stay home.
- We have a Primary Election next week so I applied for a mail in ballot… and sent it in.
- I trimmed my hair.
- I have not yet given myself a pedicure, but I have been using this delightful scrub regularly accompanied by a foot massage!
- I wrote more, thought more, and read more.
- I had long (and frequent) conversations with my kids…perhaps talking longer than we would in person!
- I spent time knitting (of course) and practicing my meager crochet skills.
- I wrote down little bits of gratitude every day, even when it was hard.
- I also found myself back in the circle of grief, visiting stages I thought I was done with.
Choose with no regret was absolutely what I needed this month.
You can see my Intentional Journey here.