You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.” – Flip Wilson
Carole was off in Vegas doing a bit of celebrating this past weekend and because of that, I think this is the perfect 10 on Tuesday! I sure hope they were doing lots of shouting over the weekend!
Ten Things to Shout When You Hit the Jackpot:
- NO WAY!!!
- We’re in the money!
- I can’t believe it!
- I’M GOING TO DISNEY!!
- Wait, what?
- I have to pay how much in taxes???!!!???
Chances are very good that I will never shout any of these ten items because in order to win a jackpot I have to put some nickels in the machine, which I don’t do with any regularity.
That got me thinking about other ways to hit the jackpot and I think a non-gamblers jackpot list is a thing… isn’t it?
So here is my Non-Gambler’s Jackpot list:
- All of your kids graduating from college AND finding jobs
- The birth of your first grandchild
- Noticing that you have lost weight and you have not been dieting
- Groceries that miraculously pro-create in your cupboard eliminating the need to ever return to the grocery store
- Self-folding laundry
- The discovery of a Pug that does not shed
- Teleportation is a reality
- Deciding that you do not have insomnia, but really only need two hours of sleep at night
- Being able to do your hair EXACTLY as your stylist did – Every. Single. Time! (See Saturday’s post!)
- Getting gauge on the gauge swatch on the first try
Now this list would be hitting the jackpot indeed!
Happy Ten on Tuesday!
It was had a fabulous year at our farmer’s market and add to that the abundance that was our garden this year and that makes lots of good food!
Sadly, Saturday was the last day our favorite farmer will be at the market and we will miss him but look forward to June when he will be back at the market again! However, over the past weeks, I have been stocking up on winter squash, pumpkins, onions, and garlic. We were gifted a huge bag of apples, which will be cooked this week. However, the big winner was the 50 lbs. of potatoes that we got for practically nothing.
Yes, you read that right – 50 pounds – which is A LOT of potatoes…
When life gives you potatoes, the only thing to do is to make some hearty potato soup!
A bit of planning, cutting, and sewing today will help me close out the weekend and start a new week on a creative note.
- Planning my next 100’s Acts of Sewing project
- Cutting out the pieces to start my quilt blocks
- Sewing some new pillows for the living room
Enjoy your Sunday, gentle reader. I hope that it gives your week the start it needs to end as it began.
I have a love – hate relationship with my hair.
Short hair, long hair, bangs, and no bangs – I have had it all.
However, the debate that is currently raging in my brain is Gray or No Gray. I have been coloring my hair for a long time, more than two decades and probably closer to three and if I am honest, I am really sick of repeating the process every 6 weeks or so.
However, the question remains – can I do ‘gray’ and be happy with it.
There is only one cure for gray hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine. – P.G. Wodehouse
I am not quite at this phase yet, but I welcome your thoughts and ideas on this subject, gentle reader.