You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.” – Flip Wilson
Carole was off in Vegas doing a bit of celebrating this past weekend and because of that, I think this is the perfect 10 on Tuesday! I sure hope they were doing lots of shouting over the weekend!
Ten Things to Shout When You Hit the Jackpot:
- NO WAY!!!
- We’re in the money!
- I can’t believe it!
- I’M GOING TO DISNEY!!
- Wait, what?
- I have to pay how much in taxes???!!!???
Chances are very good that I will never shout any of these ten items because in order to win a jackpot I have to put some nickels in the machine, which I don’t do with any regularity.
That got me thinking about other ways to hit the jackpot and I think a non-gamblers jackpot list is a thing… isn’t it?
So here is my Non-Gambler’s Jackpot list:
- All of your kids graduating from college AND finding jobs
- The birth of your first grandchild
- Noticing that you have lost weight and you have not been dieting
- Groceries that miraculously pro-create in your cupboard eliminating the need to ever return to the grocery store
- Self-folding laundry
- The discovery of a Pug that does not shed
- Teleportation is a reality
- Deciding that you do not have insomnia, but really only need two hours of sleep at night
- Being able to do your hair EXACTLY as your stylist did – Every. Single. Time! (See Saturday’s post!)
- Getting gauge on the gauge swatch on the first try
Now this list would be hitting the jackpot indeed!
Happy Ten on Tuesday!
Love your non-gambler’s list! I can’t decide between teleportation or self-multiplying groceries is my favorite. Self-folding laundry is a close one too.
Self-folding laundry! Yes please!!!
I also LOVE your non-gambler’s list! I tried to pick a favorite, but they’re all so great I can’t choose just one. Here’s hoping we hit that jackpot!
I love your second list <3. I can very much relate to #10 these days – gauge is eluding me lately!
Lovin’ your non-gambler’s list!! 😉
Oh, I love your non-gambler’s list! A much better (and healthier) way to hit the jackpot. 🙂 (Teleporting. If only. . . )
Oh, your non-gambler’s list is so clever (and spot on)!
$4 is a definite #1 – #10 on my list! Nirvana!
That was #4 on your alternate list…re: grocery shopping!