My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with. ~ Oprah Winfrey
It has been an amazing week here at Casa del KatKnits and while there were not any baked potatoes, much was shared; from the quaintness of Saugatuck to the grandeur of Lake Michigan to my favorite food spots and having my best friend experience them all with me truly did make this week heaven.
Yesterday we headed north to visit Grand Haven and the day was perfect. You can see some of my pictures on Flickr of the sights from the day.
I even managed to squeeze in some baking so I could send some cookies home with Steve.
I found this recipe, I did some manipulation, and what follows is what I think is the perfect Peanut Butter Blossom cookies!
- 2 Packages of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Regular Chocolate and White Chocolate
- 1 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups.
2. Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 2/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a peanut butter cup into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Wow, those look great! 🙂 I’m glad you’re enjoying your summer!