The very definition of ‘beauty’ is outside. – Adam Carolla
The weather is turning nicer and, appropriately, Carole wants to know:
10 Things You Love To Do Outside
Does Carole have perfect timing, or what? Especially with the weather warming nicely here, I am itching to get outdoors and do things!
Here are my 10 Favorite things to do outdoors:
- Work in my garden. There is really nothing better than watching things you planted to grow, bloom, and produce! While I do have a small flower/perennial garden – my first love is my vegetable garden and especially eating and preserving the good things we’ve grown!
- Al Fresco dining – I just love it. Outdoors, fresh air, and good food. Is it just me, or does everything just taste better outdoors?
- Cooking outdoors – from grilling to making pizza in the pizza oven. Perhaps this is why the food just tastes so much better – because this is not a flavor you can replicate in the house.
- Enjoying sunrises, sunsets are nice too but there is just something spectacular about a sunrise.
- Walking along the water’s edge – especially the shores of Lake Michigan, perhaps my favorite place on earth.
- Improving my photography skills with the spectacular things in nature – nothing like a nice walk outside to give you a new perspective on photography!
- Exploring – my city and places I visit.
- Enjoying the wildlife in my neighborhood. There is nothing quite like sitting outside listening to the birds sing, watch the hawks, and see the deer (yes, we have lots of deer in Pittsburgh!)
- Knitting and spinning!
- Another of the best things of summer. Nothing quite like sitting around the fire as the day draws to a close. It is just so peaceful.
There you have it, my outside favorites, but tell me, what is your favorite thing to do outside?
Your list makes me long for summer! (Spring is such a tease. . .)
Do you seriously have an outdoor pizza oven? We may need to talk as this is my husband’s dream.
I will also be gardening, cooking, and eating outdoors! I started my seeds indoors and am now impatiently checking them for signs of sprouting. Really beautiful photos!
What Kym said–the garden pictures especially. I don’t do much veggie gardening myself but I love the just picked produce.
I’m so jealous of your pizza oven. My friend has one and they use it quite often. What a pretty photo of the shoreline!
We’re in the midst of 7-9 inches of snow falling, so your list is making me dream!
Awesome list. Tell me more about the pizza oven!
Yes! The pizza oven! And those photos are just beautiful!
Being outdoors is such a gift after being cooped up all winter. Enjoy!
Oh, we would become Besties real fast: I 😍 Pizza from an outdoor oven!!! I lived on Lake Michigan when a child; miss those days at the beach. Enjoyed your list!
Now I want a pizza oven 🙂