I began to have a bit of a panic attack regarding Rock the Lobster, I could have sworn I had more yarn. I was certain I had 3 skeins, yet where was #3??
I knew I had leftover yarn from my Stopover that I could use in Sigla, but where was it and is there enough?
Cue the yarn search music please…
This searching made it clear that some Stash Management is in order which I have added to my list of things to do and I am happy to report all “missing” yarns were found!
I finished swatching for the Parley Cardigan and those swatches (yes, plural – I was not getting gauge) are done!
I also finished spinning up a very rare fiber – Whitefaced Woodland from Sheepspot. While I liked the fiber incredibly, I am not so sure about the colorway, which I am surprised about – it is the first time I have been unhappy with the colors from Sasha. I tried my best to achieve maximum barber-pole effect because the colors were so similar in so many long stretches. I achieved the effect, but I am still not certain I am happy with the results. Perhaps I should have tried to spin it in a more gradient fashion, like some smart people have done. I ended up with about 140 yds of a DK weight 3-ply yarn, and about 70 yds of a 2-ply sport weight. And, I still have about 50 grams of the orange left to spin up.
On a more pleasant note, I finished up the Honey Cowl and I love it! I will try to get some better photos to share, but today the light for photos is non-existent – it is a blustery, rainy fall day.
Last year I knit Stopover in 5 short days, can I beat that record with her more modern cousin, Sigla…we shall see, but I am sure as heck going to try!
Let’s get to some Friday Links:
- The Knitty Surprises are up and I really like Tuplet! (Okay, so I have been to Bluemoon to see if they have all the colorways, and they don’t – Tree Toots is MIA)
- Brooklyn Tweed has a new worsted spun yarn and a new collection of patterns for it!
- I’m with Her (I wonder if I could wear it with this when I go to vote on November 8!)
- Last week I posted a link that I thought was in collaboration with the Baa-ble hat designer, however it was not…THIS is the correct link and includes mittens!
- Churchmouse Yarns and Teas piqued my interest last week in their newsletter with this…I have some Donegal Tweed that might just work. I have not swatched…yet.
- Rain on Princes Street, which seems so appropriate today with all the rain we are getting here today!
- There is a MKAL with Wooly Wormhead that might be fun…Beanie & Slouchy or Beret
- There were a few knits for little people that caught my eye this week… like this and this and this
That is all I have for this week! I hope you have a fantastic weekend and I will see you back here on Monday!