After yesterday’s post, this week’s 10 on Tuesday from Carole might be just what Santa ordered – 10 Gifts You Can Pick Up at the Grocery Store.
This could come in very handy in the 10 remaining days before Christmas!
- Wine! Although you cannot get this at a grocery store in PA, you could stop at the Wine and Spirits store and get a nice bottle of wine (as well as something with a bit more kick for yourself, if need be)
- Beer, which you can get at some grocery stores in PA! Luckily there are dozens of holiday beers to enrich every palate.
- Cheese, cured meats, and crackers. Bonus in that most stores have holiday themed cheese trays available this time of year.
- Holiday Coffee’s for the coffee lover on your list! You could even add in a nice mug or two!
- No coffee lover’s on your list? No problem – you can get Holiday Tea’s as well.
- Christmas Cookies! You can even get a holiday container to put them in and none will be the wiser that you did not bake them yourself, and I won’t ever tell.
- Nuts. This would go especially well with gifts one, two, and three!
- Fresh fruit baskets are thankfully at every market this time of year.
- Is there a baker or a want-to-be baker on your list? Take your favorite recipe and get all the ingredients to make it – you might even be able to pick up a festive bag to put them all in as well!
- If none of these ideas work, you can always get a gift card to all sorts of places!
There you go, Gentle Reader, if you’re feeling the pressure of failing – FEAR NOT and just go shopping!
Our markets are similarly devoid of wine, beer, and other cool stuff. Your suggestion about buying ingredients to make a favorite recipe is fantastic, and that’s one that could be done at the simplest grocery store – great idea!!
I love the idea of the gift for the baker! It’s so simple yet I am guessing I’m not the only one to have not thought of that before …
No wine or beer in our grocery stores. Nuts – I always get those for my hubby for Christmas. I don’t know how I forgot to add that one to my list!
I like the idea of putting together a basket of ingredients for a baker – this could probably be translated to other ideas, too.
Chiming in with the chorus for the great gift baker idea!
I love the idea of getting all the ingredients for your favorite recipe! I’d love to get that kind of present.
A basket of items for the baker is a grand idea! …and maybe s/he would even do a little baking for the giver!