It’s Tuesday and that can only mean one thing…Carole wants to know something very important!!
This week she is asking: 10 Ways to Beat the Heat
This question could not come at a more appropriate time, because we are in the midst of some of the warmest weather we have had all year here in Pittsburgh.
So let me share a few things I have been doing, or will be doing before this heat spell snaps…
- Cooking and heat are not the best of friends, and sometimes even grilling when it is 90+ degrees out is too much for any sane person…However, if you were smart on Amazon Prime Day and were able to snag an InstaPot, then you are in luck. Cooking with this thing is Ah-mazing! We used it once this week already, and I have to tell you – I am IN LOVE!!!
- If you don’t have this gizmo, then perhaps you should queue up my go to summer meal – a Classic Salad Niçoise, made even better by the fact that very little actually needs to be cooked.
- When the weather gets hot… the tough go shopping in an air-conditioned facility.
- Or perhaps take in a movie, at an air-conditioned theater
- Water – as in submerging your body in it… so head off to a local pool, lake, river, etc.
- Museums are also a great place that are air-conditioned!
- Your local library – you can sit and read or knit. You can even listen and knit if you have ear buds!
- Take an afternoon siesta – there is something so perfect about a nap on a hot summer afternoon.
- Embrace the heat and go see a ball game…bonus points in that cold beer is readily available!
- And, if all that fails – then plunk yourself in front of a fan with a glass of iced tea and do not move until absolutely necessary!
How about you? How do you beat the heat??
Great suggestions! And I love a Nicoise Salad, too!
Watching baseball in the cool & comfort of the house works grand for me…and I’ve been hearing great things about the gizmo…may need to check it out. Our old-fashioned one could use a little modernizing…
I am ignoring the weather, that is how I’m beating the heat, it just doesn’t exist at ALL…(I’m in denial!!)
I just love summer. It’s 102 today (no humidity) and, while that’s beastly hot, I know how to stay cool. This weather is better than wearing piles of clothing when it’s 20 degrees and walking through snow.
Great suggestions! When possible, definitely “use” public AC spots, for sure!
Going to a museum is a GREAT idea.
#8 – yes! I love afternoon naps. And I sadly missed the InstaPot deal on Prime Day, but I’m looking forward to getting one soon. Lots of my friends have recommended it!